Should I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverzach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have someone who is going to pay for me to go on the carpe vita in mid november of the this year and want to know if it's worth going. I realize this is a spoiled question. However, I still have to pay about $1,000 for other costs and hate flying. Actually, I hate traveling long distances in general and would never have taken up diving if I didn't live in Florida which has OK diving everywhere.

Worth it?

I live on the same side of the world where Maldives is, and I travel to the US regularly (including to Florida where my mother lives). I hate, hate, hate the travel, I can't sleep in planes, and I'm always in a really foul mood the whole time I'm packing and in transit and maybe for a whole day afterwards. But on balance, being able to see my family and doing something I enjoy make it all bearable. $1000 is a rather cheap dive trip, no matter where you go. So for me, under the same circumstances, the answer would be, "yes," it's worth travel agony and the bargain price to go diving in Maldives! If you don't want to go, tell your buddy that I'll go!

Few people like flying long distances like that, but they do it anyway because they think whats on the other end is worth the trouble. Flying to the Maldives is for sure a long trip, toughest I've done of my long hauls - but the diving was worth it. I wouldn't pass up a deal like that.

I have someone who is going to pay for me to go on the carpe vita in mid november of the this year and want to know if it's worth going. I realize this is a spoiled question. However, I still have to pay about $1,000 for other costs and hate flying. Actually, I hate traveling long distances in general and would never have taken up diving if I didn't live in Florida which has OK diving everywhere.

Worth it?

If you don't take this offer, can I have it? :)

Worth it?

I cant believe you are even posting this...

If this was posted in any forum other than a scuba forum, I'd agree with gaijin and say "if you have to ask, then probably not."

But, as this is scubaboard, I'll instead reply that it's the dumbest question/post I've seen in a year. No, if it was should one go to Maldives it would be dumb, this trip includes a LoB! Sorry OP, just saying...

Back
Top Bottom