Oceanic Voyager (Mako) how to get motor out? Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stano

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So my buddy and I are looking into a few issues on his DPV. We are changing the o rings between the motor portion and the middle ring section. We have it all torn apart and it was going pretty well. We can't however figure out how to remove the motor. This scooter had obviously leaked in the past and we want to get it all apart and clean everything up. We have removed the prop, shaft seal on the bottom end and have the motor exposed on the top end. There is a snap ring visible from the prop side but I am having a hard time believing that this holds the motor in place. We can't see any other fasteners that might hold the motor in place. So if anyone who has done this would care to offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stano

the motor is held in with 2 o-rings and silocon sealer, put a thick towel under the motor and kick the motor out form the inside downward the motor will fall out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom