water in Dimension i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should have an oral inflation hose correct? Orally inflate the bcd and the lift the bcd until the water is sitting on the dump valve that the oral inflator is on. The push te oral inflation mouthpiece with your hand and it should clear the water.

It doesn't sound especially easy...
To preserve the life of the bladder, rinse it inside and out with fresh water after every day of use, using the following procedure:

a) Pressurize the power inflator with MP air via the MP hose.

b) Using a garden hose, direct water through the oral inflator mouthpiece or the Multiport to flush the interior of the bladder, and then thoroughly rinse the exterior of the BC.

c) Completely drain the bladder of water, either through the oral inflator or through the Multiport.

CAUTION: Before rinsing, ensure that the inflator is pressurized with air. This will prevent debris and contaminants from entering the valve mechanism if the inflator button is accidentally depressed.

http://www.aqualung.com/us/technica...mensioni3_Lotusi3/en_dimensioni3_lotusi3.html

Steve has found the manufacturer's instructions for you, and like many user manuals, it may have been written by somebody who is so familiar with the procedure that they don't know how foggy their instructions end up sounding when it's not too hard at all in reality. I'll take a stab at breaking it down a little and cross my fingers for more clarity... :ermm:

1) Remember how to orally inflate your BCD from OW class? Do that. Your BCD has an oral inflation tube tucked into the shoulder.
2) Turn the BCD upside down so that any water in the bladder migrates to top, and then tilt the BCD a little so that the inflator hose is hanging down with the attachment to the BCD at the lowest point.
3) Hold the BCD high enough (such as against your chest) in this position while you depress the end of the deflator hose. The air pressure from within the bladder together with gravity will push/pull the water down the hose and out the oral inflation gap. You can also squeeze the BCD against your body to increase the pressure from within the bladder.
4) This should expel nearly all of the water, but I find that if I turn the BCD right-side-up, shake it a bit, and then turn it back down again, a few more drops of water usually spill out.
5) If you want to rinse the bladder, then you need to put clean, fresh water back into it through the oral inflation method (with a hose or similar) or through the "multi-port" which is where the hose is attached to the BCD. Swish it all around, and then remove that water. With this BCD, it's not easy to remove the dump valve cover because it's flat and you may need a special tool to get it open without breaking it.
Screen Shot 2012-06-03 at 11.36.17 AM.png
6) If you have put the water in by detaching the multi-port/hose or the dump valve, reattach it so that you can flush the rinse water through the hose and dump and clean those bits out well too. Rinse the dump valves with a little of the fresh rinse water by positioning the BCD so that the rinse water will flow through them.

Last edited:
Its much simpler than that. The oral inflate hose comes off and you can dump and clean it that way. Found that out when I was going to try the above. And there was a DVD with a manual. Don't remember much of anything on cleaning it out

Its much simpler than that. The oral inflate hose comes off and you can dump and clean it that way. Found that out when I was going to try the above. And there was a DVD with a manual. Don't remember much of anything on cleaning it out
Yes, it comes off at the "multiport." But if you just dump water in and out of that, you never clean out the hose or the dump valves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom