Want a Dive Computer, Have cost limitations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ma999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What computer would you recommend, I would like a computer that i can download dives to PC.

Cost is a factor!

Wrist mounted
Use as depth gauge
ma depth
Deco times
dive times.

Essentially after something relatively basic that is a reliable depth guage and has a good PC interface.
Nitrox options not essential but who knows what the future will hold.

Suunto Zoop.

The computer interface comes separately but this option will always drive up the cost of a computer and is IMO a waste of money.

Also Mares Puck Wrist. Great value, durable, all you'll need recreationally.

Puck Problem

Personally I hate the Puck after having to use them as rental equipment in one Dive Center I worked for. Even without the gremlins in some of the computers themselves, the single button to access history and settings etc...beep beeeeep beep beeeeep beep is incredibly annoying.

I have over 400 dives on my Puck, no issue whatsoever. Only changed the battery once.

Last edited:
Zoop. Great, easy to use interface, and if you choose to buy the cable, the download software is actually pretty good. I use it as a backup to my old, trusty hose integrated mares..but I only look at the console now for air.
Sent from my Lumia 900 Windows Phone using Board Express

Buy a used VR3. They go cheap on ebay now that the shearwater is the latest/greatest and it can do everything right up to trimix ccr with the right codes.

...Cost is a factor!...

What is your figure? We could recommend till the cows come home, but it's all a shot in the dark. $200....$500....$700?

What computer would you recommend, I would like a computer that i can download dives to PC.
Use as depth gauge
Essentially after something relatively basic that is a reliable depth guage and has a good PC interface.
I have the Suunto gecko (similar to the Zoop), and I don't think you can use the Zoop in gauge mode.
But other than that, it has worked great for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom