Oceanic OC1 or Suunto or anything else

Which Computer ?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm considering to buy a computer but I have few doubts between OC1 and Suunto D6i (or D9tx).
I've looked for past articles and I've found some good information and also some complain but all posts are relative about to years 2009 and 2010. Probably today market is different and many pieces of both have been already sold, thus information and opinions may be different....

So... what are your opinions about these products?

Thanks
Ste

oceanic copied suunto watches and general behind the suunto models when they do come out.

You need to provide more detail. Are you looking for a recreational DC, or are looking for something that can take you to Tech?

Either will do fine for recreational diving. I would use something different like a Predator for Tech.The D9tx is about the same price an Shearwater.

I chose the OC-1 (pioneer edition) because it was cheaper than the Suuntos ($1000 w/transmitter), looked better, and wasn't so conservative. I've heard some people say that Suunto's conservatism doesn't make that big of a difference in terms of dive times, but my only experience seeing them in action differs: After my second to last dive, my OC-1 planner showed me with an expected 20min of dive time at the depth of the next site. Everyone with a Suunto showed 10min. Obviously, we went with the 10 minutes so my extra time allowance didn't matter after all, but in my opinion, the difference was substantial.

For those who really want to be conservative, you can set your OC-1 to be as conservative as the Suunto or you could just get the Suunto. Personally, I feel like all of these computers are already very conservative anyway.

Similar experience as cosmographer. I've been happy with the oc1.

Back
Top Bottom