Aeris Atmos AI, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it looks like this summer is going to be one for a complete gear overhaul before all my dive trips coming up. I suppose it's time to hand down ome gear to my younger diving relatives. In the meantime I'm planning on buying an Aeris Atmos AI dive computer. Can anyone give any thoughts as the how well it is to set up (ex computer technitian here, so I can work with just about anything, but I DO prefer ease of use), how it works with nitrox(I dive almost exclusively with nitrox, anywhere and everywhere I can get it), how are the alarms. Is there a NDL countdown and a safety stop countdown?

Thanks in advance.

PS: If it means anything, I'm on an Aeris Manta right now and really like it, I would just like to be air integrated so I can keep a big dangling SPG in check with a more compact dive computer.

FWIW, I own three of them and like them; they serve me well.

While I own several dive computers, these are the ones I wear during OW classes.

Hope this helps!

I've owned this computer for 2 years now and it's been on 31 dives with me. I really like it. There is an NDL countdown (although it will display time remaining for NDL or your gas, whichever is less) and will countdown your safety stop when you reach 15 feet.

I have only dove air, so I'm not sure about the Nitrox features. My husband and I have both downloaded the data from the computers (he has an Atmos AI, too) and if you are handy with a computer you will find there is a lot you can do with the data. It imports into more user-friendly dive logs. The Aeris software leaves a lot to be desired.

I took the online course through Dive Nav, I think it was about $5, but shops sometimes offer it for free when you buy from them. That was great because it walked me through all the set up and also simulated what the computer would do if I found myself in deco by accident and how to follow its instructions.

If you have any questions, let me know :)

One question: is it easy to set? I noticed two buttons on it, are those sufficient for easy setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fairly simple to setup up and adjust on the go. Super easy to read, love the count down and ascent rate monitor.
... the angled fit for your hand and the angle of the compass all combine for smooth use in any conditions.

Get the QD !

Have two of them going on 3 years no problems easy to use and download data and easy to read.

Fairly simple to setup up and adjust on the go. Super easy to read, love the count down and ascent rate monitor.
... the angled fit for your hand and the angle of the compass all combine for smooth use in any conditions.

Get the QD !

Is it really worth the extra $100?

It was for me. I like to keep the computer with me when my gear is out of my sight. Its also nice when you want to just bring the computer inside to download the data.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I agree with Kryssa

How many dives does its memory system log? Also, should I invest in the "guage protectors" as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom