Menorca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daniboy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

We're a family of divers and we are planning a trip to Menorca in August.

Does anybody have suggestions for a good Diving on the island. We'll be staying on the north side of the island close to Fornells.

Thanks

Daniele - Milano Italy

Hi Daniele,

In 2010 I went diving with Diving Center Fornells Menorca which I suppose is located very close to where you are staying on the north side of the island.

The dives we did were in the Marine Reserve of Tramontana. The visibility was amazing and many cool "swim throughs" as well as some marine artifacts (old anchors). There weren't as many fish as I thought I would see but I still really enjoyed my dives.

The dive centre in my opinion was very good to deal with. They spoke both Spanish and English. The centre is directly across the road from where the boat leaves from and was easy to access with lots of parking nearby. The divemasters were very good with good briefings and leading the dives although one thing I did not like was the divemaster picking up an octopus. But apart from this I thought the centre was great, safe, and I would recommend them based on my experience.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! Enjoy your trip, the island is very beautiful!

- Victoria

Hi Victoria,

thanks for your reply, I'll definitely go check the diving center you suggested which, as I saw on the map, is super close to where we'll be staying.

have an happy summer time and lots of dives

cheers

Daniele

The same to you Daniele!

I hope when you return you will let us know how your trip and the diving was!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom