Help a Local Dive OP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Sundiver is trying to win a small business grant. Please help them out by going to: missionsmallbusiness.com and login via Facebook to vote for them as the small business that should win one of a dozen fairly large grants. Just search Sundiver in CA and they should come up. They will use the grant money to expand and improve their vessels! They have until June 30 to gather lots of votes, but need 250 to qualify. We might as well support a business that will support us!

Done! :)

There is only about 2 weeks left and they need more than 100 more votes. How about it SoCal? The money will be given to someone, so it might as well go to something that will benefit us as divers.

I would, but facebook kills it.

I too had "facebook" issues, not an active member.

Here's a small excerpt from the rules:
The purpose of the Grant is to enable a small business to execute a business plan that will result in expansion and growth of the small business, including for example, a new location, equipment, product or distribution channel.

Cool, grants are a big deal, I've dealt with a few, do any of y'all have a direct link to the Sundivers Application/Essay??

TIA, Don

Unfortunately it looks like the only way to vote is via Facebook. That is just part of Chase's process.

Add one more from Arizona

A lot of you know the Sundiver International "fleet", and how big a part of the So. Cal dive community they are. As you can imagine, there are very few "discretionary funds" for dive boat owners any more. Most are just trying to stay afloat. Here is what the grant would be used for (paraphrased by me).

The funds would largely go to the improvement of the vessels: improvements to Sundiver Express (hot water anybody?), the extension of the Sundiver (add 6 feet in the bunk room!) and the redesign of her stern, the redo of Sundiver's galley to add an oven, and add funds to help with Sundiver's repower this fall, etc. The grant would help keep Sundiver here in our local waters to continue supporting DVSP (Disabled Veterans SCUBA Project > Home), "The Chamber" (USC Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber), LA and Orange County Junior Lifeguard Programs, our service men and women, wreck research and environmental research, as well as a number of other local causes that they support through several local dive shops, dive clubs, and individuals.

Sounds like a reasonable use of the funds to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom