New: Advanced Course with the AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty at Joe's on Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joesgonediving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
PADI has recently introduced the new AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty. An interesting course about the conservation status of sharks, the actions that can be taken to protect them and the sharks that can be found here on Bali. It is now possible to take this course in combination with your PADI Advanced Open Water Course at Joe's Gone Diving on Bali. This means you make 6 dives rather than the normal 5 dives and you will get 2 certifications rather than 1!

You pay just US$95 extra to add this extra certification to your Advanced course and you will support Project AWARE, as part of the course fee will go towards Project AWARE.

Contact us for more information.

interesting ! i imagine you are supportive and involved in the BALI Shark Project then

Thanks, of course we are. Shark protection is a very important issue. We actually received some really good input from one of the people involved in the Project and are using some of the data and info provided by Project Shark in our presentation so we can make sure we educate more people. And to help out the Project we provided our data and communicated to our customers as requested.

Thanks, of course we are. Shark protection is a very important issue. We actually received some really good input from one of the people involved in the Project and are using some of the data and info provided by Project Shark in our presentation so we can make sure we educate more people. And to help out the Project we provided our data and communicated to our customers as requested.

Yes that seems good.But the serious state of killing sharks around the Bali area it is those who need educated.Also with part of the course fee going to Project aware.this does not go directly to help fund Bali shark project and or does part of the course fee you make profit from go to help the project.

It is a serious issue regarding the state of shark fiining around Bali and the ignorants of most dive op's in the area and not supporting the project, maybe we should educate them first.

Only diving in Indonesia the last 12 years and seeing many things happening,what i see happening around Bali a very tourist diving area and how the diving industry there mainly just accepts it.In my mind is not acceptable and sad and worse the lack of support then shown to the Bali shark project

Last edited:
HI
its the Bali Shark Project,
@joesgonediving Please use the new formulars to recollect your sharks sightings data. You can download them and the information in our web Bali Shark Project - Bali Shark Project in the take action page. Please read carefully the instructions.
Also please present the petition that you can find in our web to your divers so they sign it.
We are collecting new data on the shark fishing indoustry in Bali 2012 any donatives will be welcome.

@the world in my eyes. We get no money from PADI AWARE (we have been in contact with them, but no funds available for us) or from any of the dive centers offering PADI SHARK CONSERVATION SPECIALTIES even after giving them all the data we have when they request it.

HI
its the Bali Shark Project,
@the world in my eyes. We get no money from PADI AWARE (we have been in contact with them, but no funds available for us) or from any of the dive centers offering PADI SHARK CONSERVATION SPECIALTIES even after giving them all the data we have when they request it.

Yes from doing the course,no money from PADI AWARE would go to Bali shark project.I was maybe thinking or hoping that maybe part of the profit the dive centres made could go towards helping the project,again if they cared enough,seems it was wrong to even think that may of been possible,worse even after you giving them all the data,maybe you should of charged them.

SHAME !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom