Want to Fly U/W? Now you can!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watermann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
We are currently refining a new way of moving through the water at faster speeds and longer distances using natural forces. The Dive Glider does this very well and without batteries, propellers, or noise, and with little or no maintenance. Like surfing, sailing, or skiing the pilot manipulates natural forces to propel himself through the water and did I mention it's FAST! FUN! and you look very COOL doing it. We are especially interested in knowing how you think it may be used in the real world as we don't know what all applications it could be suited for. For more info go to www.goldenrockdive.com DiveGlide page.

Will have sinking rate adjustmens and warnings? i design control systems and if this were my product, i even wil not try without a safety system to control the sinking depth, the resurface rutine (deco stops ) and left the air controll of the glider separated from the diver main system
this will be a good tank carrier, buoy or underwater truck. just my 2 cents

Very interesting device. I see it potentially as a submersible dive float that can also be used for propulsion. Issues with neutral buoyancy while diving off the bottom and during safety stops. The video shows the diver ascending faster than his exhaled bubbles. You will be competing with the lower end dpv’s so should keep the price below $500.
TN

The video shows the diver ascending faster than his exhaled bubbles.

Looks like a freedive to me. With air inhaled at the surface, ascent rate isn't an issue.

From the video I have no idea how this thing works - where does the propulsion come from?

It's a nice idea, and I'm sure it'll be fun to use.
However...
At the projected price point, $3500. it's about 5 times more expensive than it's existing DPV rivals.
Good luck, I think you'll need it.

From the video I have no idea how this thing works - where does the propulsion come from?

Looking at it, it's naturally negatively buoyant with a lifting surface wing and a ballast chamber much like a submarine.
adjusting the buoyancy characteristics causes flow over the hydrofoil sections giving forward propulsion.

At about 2:22 into the video the camera mounted on the glider is turned to show the diver. He is breathing from a second stage that appears to be connected to an air supply in the glider (AGE alert!). This device would certainly be helpful for the free diver since it would speed up his descent and ascent without effort. This device would be quite easy for the DIYer to build in a home workshop. But if priced around $500 it would likely enjoy modest sales.
TN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom