Some basic questions Aquatica for the D90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeKeating

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I hope all is going well. I just returned from the Turks Aggressor and while on board I had the chance to rent the Nikon D90 in an aquatic housing with an Ikelite 161 strobe. Ihave both a D90 and D7000 and I was considering housing the D90 and selling my Sea and Sea DX-2g. Anyway, the pics came out amazing and I have been looking at the housings since I returned.

My question has to do with the bulkheads. There are choices for one or two and either Ikelite or Nikonos. If I choose 2 Ikelite (for possible upgrades later) does this mean I can never switch brands of strobes? I am still considering between the Ikelite 161 and the Inon Z240 (I am leaning towards the Ikelite since it has movie strobe capabilities).

Any help is appreciated as I try to maneuver my way through this whole housing my SLR thingie.

Thanks

Mik

You can get nikonos 5 pin style bulkheads for aquatica which would mean any brand strobe with nikonos style cord.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom