Vote for Peacock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The three parks that receive the most votes by July 15, 2012 will be awarded recreation grants in the following amounts: First Place - $100,000; Second Place - $50,000; and Third Place - $25,000. In addition, a $15,000 grant will be awarded at random to another park that places in one of the remaining top 25 spots. These recreation grants are provided to help restore, rebuild or enhance activity areas in parks where people can play and be active.
https://apps.facebook.com/coca-colaparks

As long as they don't use the money to turn it in to a theme park or destroy the natural beauty of it.

Oh and search for it using Skiles and Florida. I did not come up for me when I used Peacock.

Voted, thanks for posting

As long as they don't use the money to turn it in to a theme park or destroy the natural beauty of it.

Oh and search for it using Skiles and Florida. I did not come up for me when I used Peacock.

search Wes Skiles Peacock springs state park

Register with foursquare and download the app to your phone. You don't need to turn on the GPS or check in anywhere else. Once you're registered with foursquare, mark WSPSSP as a favorite. then log onto foursquare on your phone app and click on WSPSSP. Click on the pinpoint in the top right corner and a box will pop up with an option to check in here. Click that, then click the check in box at the top right corner. Sounds like a lot but it only takes about 15 seconds once you've done it at least once. You can check in 3 times an hour up to 28 times a day for 100 votes per check in. I've been teaching the past couple days and still manage to get 28 check ins each day before and after class and during breaks without even trying. WSPSSP is currently 34th in rank and started at over 200 when Kelly first posted this a couple days ago. WSPSSP has gone from about 200 votes to over 22000 votes in that same time period. Let's keep checking in and voting so we can get WSPSSP into the top 3. We'll be in the top 25 by the weekend. We need to get better than that, though.

Register with foursquare and download the app to your phone. You don't need to turn on the GPS or check in anywhere else. Once you're registered with foursquare, mark WSPSSP as a favorite. then log onto foursquare on your phone app and click on WSPSSP. Click on the pinpoint in the top right corner and a box will pop up with an option to check in here. Click that, then click the check in box at the top right corner. Sounds like a lot but it only takes about 15 seconds once you've done it at least once. You can check in 3 times an hour up to 28 times a day for 100 votes per check in. I've been teaching the past couple days and still manage to get 28 check ins each day before and after class and during breaks without even trying. WSPSSP is currently 34th in rank and started at over 200 when Kelly first posted this a couple days ago. WSPSSP has gone from about 200 votes to over 22000 votes in that same time period. Let's keep checking in and voting so we can get WSPSSP into the top 3. We'll be in the top 25 by the weekend. We need to get better than that, though.

Thanks Rob. With declining water levels that won't get any better soon,be able to extend steps would be great

Thanks Rob!!

Just the detailed steps that worked for me (it helps my OCD when there are small steps and numbers next to them):

First I downloaded foursquare on my Android. I logged on with an e-mail account but you can also use FB.

Then:
1. Log into foursquare from your computer: https://foursquare.com/. Use the e-mail account or FB account that you will be using from your phone.
2. Visit https://apps.facebook.com/coca-colaparks/
3. Click on the red "foursquare Check-in" link.
4. Click the "Grant" or "Allow" button to link the account (I can't recall which as my account is already linked)
5. "Save" Wes Skiles Peacock Springs park while logged into the foursquare webpage (https://foursquare.com/v/wes-skiles-...618ea764c2e413)
6. Then you can go to foursquare on your phone. Click on your saved places to bring up the profile.
7. Then you click the little "Pin" icon in the upper right hand corner to "Check In Here".

You give a hundred votes to Peacock every time you do this.. But you have to try every 20 mins, no less, because your points don't count if you do it more often.

Do not forget: We are voting for Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park not for Peacock Springs state park!!!

Now please VOTE for Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park :bounce2:

WSPSSP is in the running for the $15,000 prize now. We broke into the leaderboard overnight. Let's not stop here! Let's get WSPSSP a guaranteed prize! Keep logging those check ins! At the rate we've been going we should be close to # 20 by tonight.

---------- Post added ----------

Already at 20 and moving up steadily. I was giving it a couple days before WSPSSP moved to 19 but it looks like we've picked up some voters and it might happen by the end of the day tomorrow.

well, i guess i'm an idiot. i've tried for two days to do this, and can't figure it out, so they don't get my vote. it's worse than jim crow. :(

Marci, call me today and I will walk you through the process on the phone.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom