scuba.com and Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOZZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,

So after reading a good stuff about scuba.com i went online and ordered my first Galileo luna with transmitter and other stuff too for my red sea trip,and after two days i got this email from them telling me that the luna is back ordered and it will be delayed for another 3 days not more than that, and then the next day they sent me another email telling me it will be delayed for another month !!!! without giving me any other solutions .. so i was like why you didn't put "out of stock" on your site ? your telling me this after you authorized me credit card ! they didn't even apologize !! there reply was you can cancel your order , choose another computer or wait for this one !! and that's it ..

i mean i had this before when i was ordering my BCD from a different website .. but they apologized and they offered another BCD which was actually more expensive that the one i chose ..

anyway it was my first time dealing with them and am sure it will be the last, they are rude and careless .. i just want to inform you guys so no one will face the same thing if your planning to get a Galileo luna ..

and please if you know another website that i can get my Galileo luna from i would really appreciate it .. :(

Thanks

We're out of them at the moment too unfortunately. If someone hasn't posted here they found one by the time the office opens tomorrow, I'll check to see if we have any ETA on getting more in.

Hi guys,

So after reading a good stuff about scuba.com i went online and ordered my first Galileo luna with transmitter and other stuff too for my red sea trip,and after two days i got this email from them telling me that the luna is back ordered and it will be delayed for another 3 days not more than that, and then the next day they sent me another email telling me it will be delayed for another month !!!! without giving me any other solutions .. so i was like why you didn't put "out of stock" on your site ? your telling me this after you authorized me credit card ! they didn't even apologize !! there reply was you can cancel your order , choose another computer or wait for this one !! and that's it ..

i mean i had this before when i was ordering my BCD from a different website .. but they apologized and they offered another BCD which was actually more expensive that the one i chose ..

anyway it was my first time dealing with them and am sure it will be the last, they are rude and careless .. i just want to inform you guys so no one will face the same thing if your planning to get a Galileo luna ..

and please if you know another website that i can get my Galileo luna from i would really appreciate it .. :(

Thanks

I don't know where you are located, shipping restrictions, but Scubastore.com have them in stock. Good luck.

thanks buddhasummer i will get it from scubastore if i canceled my order with scuba.com i told them am interested in Galileo SOL too if they have it in stock and ready to ship , otherwise i will have to cancel the order but am not sure how and when my money will be back :( i never had to cancel any order before online ..

i always use LeasurePro.com for my scuba gear .. excellent service and never had any problem with them ..but i thought by dealing with authorized dealer for Scubapro i wont face any trouble or unprofessional way of communication .. i really regret it now :S

I do use them (and many others) for online purchases. I have also learned that purchases through them are not proper if needed in a timely manner. They have actually cancelled my orders weeks later, refunding my money due to back-orders of longer than 30 days with no indication on the site at the time of order. Yes, they could do a better job of managing their order site (but then maybe the costs associated with that would drive prices up). There are similar instances elsewhere, so I guess it is the "industry standard".... Some communicate better than others. I have things on BO from DRIS (actually just shipped yesterday after a month wait on an item), and LP (still waiting after over a month and a half). DRIS has communicated all the time as soon as they heard anything, and LP has responded to my calls, only saying "they don't know".

I do use them (and many others) for online purchases. I have also learned that purchases through them are not proper if needed in a timely manner. They have actually cancelled my orders weeks later, refunding my money due to back-orders of longer than 30 days with no indication on the site at the time of order. Yes, they could do a better job of managing their order site (but then maybe the costs associated with that would drive prices up). There are similar instances elsewhere, so I guess it is the "industry standard".... Some communicate better than others. I have things on BO from DRIS (actually just shipped yesterday after a month wait on an item), and LP (still waiting after over a month and a half). DRIS has communicated all the time as soon as they heard anything, and LP has responded to my calls, only saying "they don't know".

how many days it took them to refund you ? i mean till the money is actually back into your bank account ..
i used to the check out with amazon.com so i dont know what will happen now

It should happen fairly quickly, but it may appear on your next billing cycle if things line up that way..... I really don't know for sure.

I'll never use scuba.com again for a similar experience. I had a gift card that I got for Christmas and placed an order for a bag that showed in stock. I ordered and they charged my card immediately. Never shipped. Weeks later after numerous calls and emails I finally got them to admit that the item was backordered from Akona and that they were "just around the corner" and would have it soon. I asked to cancel. They did refunded my credit card, but not the gift card. Another week went by to get that fixed.

Well i will wait for there answer on the SOL .. I hope they give me a good deal on it otherwise i will cancel my order .. And look for a different site .

In response to your specific question " and please if you know another website that i can get my Galileo luna from i would really appreciate it ..
sad.gif

We have both the Luna & the Sol in stock at the best price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom