Dive Computer, Running all in one...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott87

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

Im looking to possibly invest in a dive computer soon and have had difficulty finding the right product.

Im not in need of anything really technical because ive only been diving for 7 to 8 months, but I was wondering if anybody knew of a computer that offers just a normal stop watch and features you would find on a sports watch. Calendars and daily alarms etc. would be a bonus too!

I run fairly reguarly and it would be great to find something that i can use for more activites than just diving? Are there any products on the market like this? All in one products?

Hi,

Im looking to possibly invest in a dive computer soon and have had difficulty finding the right product.

Im not in need of anything really technical because ive only been diving for 7 to 8 months, but I was wondering if anybody knew of a computer that offers just a normal stop watch and features you would find on a sports watch. Calendars and daily alarms etc. would be a bonus too!

I run fairly reguarly and it would be great to find something that i can use for more activites than just diving? Are there any products on the market like this? All in one products?

G'day, mate!

Check out Aeris Manta (400$), Oceanic Geo and Geo2 (280$ and 450$ respectively) and Suunto D4 (~450$ on eBay). Aeris and Oceanics are full-featured digital wrist watches with daily alarm, stopwatch and chronograph functions, Suunto has countdown timer.

Good luck!!!:wink:

You can compare dive computers side by side using our Dive Computers Research Tool.

Whatever model you end up purchasing, make sure to learn how to properly use it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Reactions: Jax
Watch style dive computers are generally too large/heavy to be used while running IMO. I take off my G-shock for example if I'm running.

I'd get a dedicated dive computer like the Suunto Gecko/Zoop- fairly cheap but large wrist computer. US$250ish.

Then get a small Casio as a running watch.

Trying to mix them up will cause problems IMO.

I agree on separate devices. While you can probably find something that does everything you want, you could easily wind up spending much more or getting something that is a compromise, or maybe both.

Every dive computer I have seen does everything you want. They all have stop watches and timers. They all offer calendars but I have no idea if they all do alarms, but it is likely. The problem will be size. Dive computers tend to be large. The smaller watched sized models tend to be expensive.

Buy a timex for running and use you dive computer for ummmm..... diving! :blinking:

I stick to basic dive computers and have never owned one that had a calendar, stop watch, or timer.

Scuapro has ther new meridian computer out that is ment to be worn all the time in and out of water. It does have some extra features you probably wont use but you never now. It is in the middle on price when it comes to dive computers.

Back
Top Bottom