Stupid woman attacked by whale.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josepsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
[video=youtube;ytAam8ox-aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytAam8ox-aw&list=FLZy5NJYddxpPxuCf9YA7Fcg&index=34&feature= plpp_video[/video] :D.

This is old news but worth watching again. At least the whale was smart enough to save her life. They were charged with harassing the whale--as it should be. Now if people will stop trying to touch and ride turtles, I will be happy.

Last edited:
Judging by the haircut, VERY old news :p
Still interesting to see a while actually ATTACKING people when it get fed up with them though..

I hope by this day and age, people have grown smarter in regards to wild animals. They're wild. Don't harass them (e.g., chasing), don't pose as a threat to them, and you'll be fine 99.9% of the time.

But sadly, some people still just don't seem to get it.

What many fail to see is that even domesticated animals are still wild animals though.
Dogs, although they generally consider humans in general as friendly and the family they live with a part of their pack, still have instincts thousands of years old programmed in them and if you harass them, even they will bite. Then imagine animals thats not even used to human interaction.
Handling animals of all kinds should be done with respect, care and the knowledge that they still are instinctual creatures. They might not express their emotions by speaking, but they still talk if you know what to look for.

I hope by this day and age, people have grown smarter in regards to wild animals. They're wild. Don't harass them (e.g., chasing), don't pose as a threat to them, and you'll be fine 99.9% of the time.

One can dream, but sadly reality leaves much to be realized.

119170d1332370620-whaleshark-sighting-near-kittiwake-whale-shark-molesters.jpg

i see the opposite happening. With all the shows on tv showing close contact with wild animals people think it's safe. Also everyone thinks they are a filmmaker now. I've watched so many videos on line where the camera holder is inches from the ground pushing the camera through the anemones etc to get that cool shot with no regard for the wildlife.

Agree with 00wabbit. On a dive two days ago in a marine reserve I watched a diver/photographer batting a garibaldi (a protected fish) with his dive light because it was trying to chase the diver away from its nest.

Back
Top Bottom