Power inflator standard K type vs HOG vs Scubapro Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the standard ones since o-ring kits for rebuilding are plentiful and cheap. I also like them with a slight angle on the mouth piece not the straight one, but I probably wouldn't even notice if someone changed it after every dive.

Why does it need to be replaced?

Anyone can take an old BC hose, cut the threaded end off, and put a fitting into it adapting it to a garden hose for flushing.

Scubapro any time! Their inflation rate is an order of magnitude above everything else. Whenever I have to use a rental with a standard inflator, I always have the feeling it's broken.

I have an extra scubapro inflator. $20usd plus shipping

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 426
I am trying salavage a small wing for travel usage. The shell, bladder, dump valve, elbow, corrogate hose .... all appear to be in good shape. No leaks. The only issue is the inflator, very sticky. It looks like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21yMgcgY6HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So I have a few option. 1) buy service kit and DIY ($12 NESS), 2)buy standard K inflator ($24 NESS), 3) buy HOG inflator ($24 NESS). Obviously 1) is cheapest given the DIY is easy to do. 2) and 3) are much more tho. So cost difference here isn't issue, I just wonder what is the better/more reliable inflator here

Generic type from DGX.

I've replaced the O rings a few times, only ballsed it up once, need to be careful when using a screw driver to "lock" dump tube as you can score the body which destroys O ring sealing surface.

Personal preference....I use different types for different diving...I prefer Apeks' inflator w/the metal buttons diving 'overhead' 'cause it gives me air faster and more precise amounts of air...I use an octo inflator [SSI] for shallow ow....Deep diving w/a dual bladder wing, I'll use two standard 'K' inflators...Which one [and which type of corrugated hose you choose] is your choice.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom