The Andrea Doria- any recent dive reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decompression

Instructor...seriously...
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I know she's less and less every day but I was just wondering if any one has dove her lately and what state she's in?

Bump.

Someone is allways diveing her, whether they post or not is the question. I have not heard any reports from this year. Have you tried the deco stop and rebreather world? More the type to be doing the dives.
Eric

Ya, I'm on both, good idea. My shop is organizing a trip for next year, hoping to get the latest scoop.

Gentlemen and Ladies: The Andrea Doria will ALWAYS be worth going to. It will always be a challenge. It will always give up unique artifacts to those willing to risk it. It is the largest wreck divers "candy store" on the US East Coast. It will continue to give up it's secrets for at least the next 400 or 500yrs. About the only commercial boat still going there every year is the GARLOO. Get in touch with Hank Garvin.....he was just there this month. Most wreck divers don't want you to know this....after all....why share the goodies?

I love wreck diving and the mystery and the history. Just came back from Truk and dived all the ships bar 3 in the Lonely Planet Book. Deepest was about 60 metres. Going back again and next time for 3 weeks so we can dive every ship. We love wreck diving and all it entails. If you prepare well the risks are less, but never go away and thats part of the buzz I guess. No one wants to die but we enjoy the thrill. The Andrea Doria is on my list

Board postings tend to get dated and untouched for a long time. Can anybody comment on the current condition of the "Andrea Doria", how long the collapse extends, recent items retrieved, the overall condition of the wreck? I'd like to see some 2012 photos from the wreck as well. I realize that as she deteriorate and gravity pulls her in, the depth is greater, the dive more dangerous. Still any kind of update would be very welcomed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom