Dive Report: June 16-17, 2012 - Dunderburg, Harbor Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thought I would give a quick dive report from this last weekend. We dove out of Harbor Beach with Gary Venet on the Silvia Anne. We dove both Sat morning and Sun morning. For anyone who has been on Gary's boat, you will agree that he runs a top notch service. The plans for the dive was a decompression dive on the Dunderburg for both days. For me this was a training dive with Rick Kruzel (Great Lakes Tech Diving) for my TDI Advanced Trimix certification. Because of this, we ended up carrying way more gas than was needed or required for this dive, but was training for deeper (300ft) dives this summer. My gasses for the dives were backmount double 95s with 20/30 Trimix, an AL40 with EAN32 for a travel gas, an AL80 with EAN50, and an AL80 with O2.

The dives were great. Visibility on the wreck was at least 60ft. I didn't end up looking at my computer for the water temps at depth and haven't downloaded to info from my computer, so can't comment on that. Our bottom times were roughly 25 minutes on the wreck with a total runtime being right around an hour. Saturday the weather was very nice. The lake was rather calm and the diving was great. On Sunday a little bit of weather came in with off and on rain and increased wind. This caused for a few more waves on the lake with an occasional larger roller wave.

Here are a couple pictures from the dive on Saturday that Cindy took. Hope you enjoy!

DSC00861.jpgDSC00856.jpgDSC00860.jpg

Thanks for the report mike,
nice pics,

Thanks for the report Mike. Dang is that a lot of tanks to carry!! Trimix diving is WAY too much like work! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom