Dive Rite Unveils Two New TransPac® Models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Rite

Contributor
Reaction score
DiveRite_[stacked]_CMYK_R.jpgDive Rite is pleased to announce the launch of a radically redesigned TransPac® XT harness. Made in the U.S.A., the new, TransPac XT dive harness is exceptionally rugged and beautifully streamlined with a high-tech design that is redefining expectations about function and comfort in scuba harnesses.

The TransPac XT provides a true mountaineer backpack design with an integrated hip belt, molded foam lumbar support and ergonomic shoulder pads. Available in sizes XS-XXL with easy customization options at the shoulder and waist plate, the TransPac XT is designed to fit any size diver, including children.

The TransPac XT (Model T3300) evenly balances weight across the hips and back distributing the weight of single or double tanks. The wrap-around hip belt made of dual density foam, snugly hugs the lower back giving critical support and cushioning. Narrow, double-foam shoulder pads fit perfectly beneath the two-inch shoulder webbing to give chafe-free comfort. The high-tech, molded foam lumbar pad is contoured in all the right places with mesh airflow channels for instant draining topside and doubles as a lift-bag sleeve with an integrated pocket. Chest-support strap provides ultimate load distribution and when used with the removable, 1.5-inch crotch strap provides outstanding stability and comfort in the water. Transition plates at the shoulders allow for quick addition/deletion of hardware and finite adjustments. Dual cam straps are positioned to give plenty of head room for easy maneuvering in the water.

For those who believe "less is more" Dive Rite also has a Tech version of the TransPac XT - The TransPac XT (Model T3400). The shoulder strap buckles have been removed in favor of a continuous piece of webbing that runs from the shoulder pivot plate, through stainless slides and creates a waist belt - very similar to a basic harness.

Neutrally buoyant, the TransPac XT weighs less than 5lbs (2.29kg) and packs flat for travel. Optional weight pockets slide easily onto the waist belt. The TransPac XT marries perfectly with Dive Rite’s super-tough XT Wing line, creating an outstanding rig to hold up to the rigors of diving.
T3300 TransPac XT Hero_FNL.jpg

I noticed on the video that the Tech version has about 1.5" of quick adjustment. Will this feature be made over to the Transplate harness too?

I noticed on the video that the Tech version has about 1.5" of quick adjustment. Will this feature be made over to the Transplate harness too?

The shoulder adjustment will be there but not the waist strap loops. We'll keep the sideplates on the TransPlate, but it will get the new ergo padding and chest plate hardware.

Good question!
Kathleen

I am looking at either a transpac or transplate harness. What is the main difference in the 2? If I got the transplate I would add a back pad.

Thanks for 'fixing' the cam band slot height on the Transpac XT. Not everyone had problems with it I know, but most of my OW students did because they are diving with their face forward, and I stopped diving mine a while ago when switched from 8" tanks/ Sherwood slant valve tanks, and the tank head probably left me having to leave the top camband undone to be able to look forward.

Also really glad I did not sell off my travel Wings. I want badly to teach OW with students is Transpacs and travel wings, but the tank head problem drive me away from using them on students. As usual, the improvements make enormous sense, and reflect listening to the divers who use your products.

Are you going to re-align the cam band slots to avoid tank head on the Nomad like you did with the Tranpac XT, and build in the same harness improvements?

Please say yes. I actually want to use one BCD for everything: a Nomad with the Transpac XT improvements. I could sell that BCD to most OW students, because there is no hesitation about recommending it. But the Nomad has the same cam band spacing as the older Transpac which means I have to tell students to look elsewhere for their backmount BCD, because tankhead forces their head out of position.

---------- Post Merged at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Website note:

The Transpac XT Tech Tech Specs are incorrect. They seem to have just been copy and pasted from the Transpac XT Specs page. They list have buckles for easy removal..

(Also missing alternate views of this product, but those are probably coming)

What are the sizes of the Transpac XT Tech?

Last edited:
Hey,

The Nomad XT will be an inline change (no new part number) and will have the lower cam strap slots as we are simply incorporating the new TransPac XT. Glad you like the changes, as do we and thanks for the heads up on the typos!!

Cheers,
Kathleen

---------- Post Merged at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:10 PM ----------

TransPac XT Tech is XS through XXL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom