TransPac fixed weights but ditchable weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KneeDeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all, I'm looking for a weight solution with my TransPac that I would have fixed weights AND ditchable weights.

I mostly do cold water dives (Seattle area) and would only like to have about 6-10lbs ditchable. I currently only do singles.

What are my options... pic's and vid's on examples would be great.

I am currently using 4 of these on the waist band of my Express Tech for ditchable weight.
Xs-Scuba Quick-Release Single Weight Pocket

I am also using 1 of these on each of the shoulder straps for trim weights.
Xs-Scuba Quick-Attach Single Weight Pocket
The Quick Attach are easily moved from place to place, chest strap, cam band

I have a zip tie through the side of the Quick Attach pocket and under the webbing at a D Ring, I had a brand new one pulled off by a deckhand while getting on a boat.
I believe I have some pics of the Quick Attach pockets attached somewhere.

Thanks for the reply claymore, if you can find a pic of the Quick-Attach setup on your rig, that would be really great. I am interested to see how the set up is. Do you only put them on one side, alternate each side, or on top of the tank.

Buy a steel tank. It makes all the difference in the world.

You can thread your shoulder-harness webbing through a hard weight on each side for trim. I have 1pounders on my rec rig, and 2pounders on my sidemount rig.

You can also try putting weights on your cam bands, and placing an ankle weight around the neck of your tank.

Here's some pics of the Quick attach pouches on the shoulder straps, one on each side they hold up to a 5# HARD weight (soft weights are bigger so each pouch holds less, a 5# soft weight doesn't realy fit) each.
The Quick Release pouches just slide onto any 2" webbing and hold up to a 5# HARD weight each.
photo 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 2.jpg

The Transpac has the D-rings along both sides. You can affix the ankle weights to these D-rings to act as fixed trim weights.

Dive Rite used to make weights that can be attached to these D-rings but they had stopped production a few years back.

I am currently using 4 of these on the waist band of my Express Tech for ditchable weight.
Xs-Scuba Quick-Release Single Weight Pocket

I am also using 1 of these on each of the shoulder straps for trim weights.
Xs-Scuba Quick-Attach Single Weight Pocket
The Quick Attach are easily moved from place to place, chest strap, cam band

I have a zip tie through the side of the Quick Attach pocket and under the webbing at a D Ring, I had a brand new one pulled off by a deckhand while getting on a boat.
I believe I have some pics of the Quick Attach pockets attached somewhere.
Just thinking out loud, but couldn't one use hard weights on the cam straps? And if so... couldn't one put 10lbs on each strap. (2 straps, each strap have 1x 5lbs on each side)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom