Help to find a smart beginner deal on ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

henkisdabro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I would appreciate your help in finding a decent computer on ebay or any second hand market. When I browse around I realise I don't know enough of older computer to make a smart decision what is good and what is bad. I see things like old Uwatec's which seem fine for me for a few years ahead, not needing the newest or best... I see some old Uwatec for around 100 dollars, but don't know what they are... or what is a better choice, or when to just go for a Zoop instead :)

What I look for mainly is a wrist mounted computer, optionally with air integration or compass but not needed. Need support for Nitrox 0-40% and a dive logging function as well as maybe a memory-retain function when changing battery. Recreational diving only - to support my PADI training dives to becoming Divemaster (currently at Advanced Open Water + Computer Nitrox)

I favour solidity and quality builds like Uwatec stuff. Love the looks of the new shearwater ones as well as any thick and solid metal encased german monsters! I am sure there are computers out there that cost thousands of dollars back in the day that can be had for cheaps now.
Any help with niche brands would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

---------- Post Merged at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I will follow up with a suggestion/example to consider.

I have found a deal on a Uwatec Aladin Air-Z O2 computer with tank transmitter. It is newly serviced with a new battery and the seller wants 330 USD for it all. I am a bit of a computer geek, loving my iPad, iPhone and Mac and would like a simple computer connection, but it's optional. I can also use the dive computer as is and not worry about messing around with syncing. I see the Aladin Air-Z as a bad choice for computer connectivity (especially with Macs).

The Air-Z O2 has support for <100% oxygen but does not seem to support multiple gases. Is there anything else I should consider?

I can find an Aladin 2G for about the same price (without transmitter). Obviously it's newer, smaller, supports double gases and has better connectivity, but is the Air-Z O2 with transmitter a smarter purchase even though it is older?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom