AquaLung Dimension i3 Bungee cord simply broke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(Copied and pasted from the AquaLung forum, as that place seems rather dead)

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on this. The bungee cord on my dive buddy's Dimension i3 just broke right at the point where I suppose the bungee cord is glued into the fitting. He had inflated his BC at the surface pretty lightly, and all we hear is "POP!", I look around, nothing apparently wrong, keep looking and there is half of his bungee cord that is underneath the bladder floating in the water. He hadn't even inflated it halfway when it snapped. Since the bungee isn't apparently serving any purpose other than retracting the bladder when deflated, and that they have clips (I guess you guys know this will happen) he was wondering if he'll get along fine without it. He was quite disappointed, though. As this was its maiden voyage. Other than that, it appears to be of good quality. But the bungee cord did look to be of considerably lower quality than the rest of the
BCD

We were just wondering if he'll get along fine without it, other than when it's deflated the 50lb bladder will fly and flop like a beagle's ears in the wind.

Hi SnorkelLA,

We are sorry to hear about your friend's bungee cord breaking. He should definitely have this replaced as diving without the cord will cause it to wing out too much. He can contact his local Authorized Aqua Lung dealer or he can contact our Customer Service Department directly.

Aqua Lung Dealer Locator: Aqua Lung - Professional Diving Equipment (left side of page)
Aqua Lung Contact Information: Contact Us

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom