Local Wrecks Around Traverse City?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoupart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everybody,

I'm visiting Traverse City from the 11-22nd of July and would like to do some diving up there, especially the wrecks. I called Scuba North but they don't have any special trips going to wrecks during that time.... so I'm wondering if anybody else runs charters or trips in the area?

How does it work over there? I've been reading up on a lot of the beach dives, so I guess I could do that as an alternative, but I'd really like to see some wrecks.

To my limited knowledge, there aren't that many interesting wrecks in TC and/or E. or W. GT bays. Nor are there any scuba charters in said waters that I'm aware of. The Straits of Mackinac Preserve (about two hour drive from TC) and Alpena/Thunder Bay Preserve (about 3 hour drive from TC) have some awesome wrecks and charter boats. If you really want to see some interesting wrecks, do a day trip or two to either of these locales. Hope this helps and that you get a chance to get some diving in.

The tramp is in bowers harbor and there is a double Ender in west bay. They are close but you still need a boat and cold water gear. They are pretty small wrecks and not that interesting compared to the straights. Try n mich dive center in chevoygan for the straights wrecks. For traverse its mostly locals on private boats. Scuba north is your best bet and you have already tried them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom