Yellow tip fins fading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'll start by saying that yes, these are the factory "blemished" fins that scuba toys has been flogging, so maybe this is part of the fault with them.

But I was very surprised that the yellow tips are noticeably fading so quickly. The fins have done around 40 dives, with only one or two of them in the pool when I first bought them around 3 months ago. Never left in the sun, always rinsed in fresh water and dried out in the shade.

Is the yellow fading normal? Will these eventually be white tip fins?

By the way, Everyone comments on these fins and how easy it is to identify me in the water :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341041187.442077.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would imagine they would start fading from the Yummy Yellow that they are now to very light yellow as soon as they're exposed to a bit of salt and light. I think the fading process can't really be stopped just from rinsing.

But I think they'll still be easy to spot.

I expected that they would fade, - all scuba gear does - just surprised at how quickly a band of white appeared. They are almost new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The ones I saw last weekend (quite well used) were significantly faded. Color level was like "Grey Poupon".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom