Are Mares Icon HD and Uwatec Aladin 2G compatible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

Can anybody tell me if Mares Icon HD and Uwatec (Scubapro) Aladin 2G can be used together?

Mares Icon uses Mares-Wienke -Reduced Gradient Bubbles Model- algorithm

Aladin uses Bühlmann ZH-L8 ADT MB PMG (Adaptive Microbubble Predictive Multi-Gas) algorithm.

Thanks!

Janis

Yes the can. Just use the conservative one to control the dive along with gas supply.

Thanks! Does the "conservativism" depends on the algorithm or on the hardware, or both? Can I somewhere find a comparison of different algorithms?

Janis

Thanks, Alberto!

As I only start to explore how the DC's work, your article was very informative.

Best wishes!

J

---------- Post Merged at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:27 PM ----------

BTW, if anyone has a similar question, here is the answer to my OP which I got from Mares:

Absolutely.On any first dive, any mares, uwatec and suunto will track within 1-2 minutes of no stop or deco time. On any repetitive dive, suunto will be more conservative and mares not quite as much as an uwatec (it's where the rgbm component kicks in) and the difference diminishes as the surface interval increases. So if the uwatec is the backup, it will work fine because in the event of a failure it will give you same or a bit less deco time hence no special considerations for extra gas are needed. By the way my statements about the similarity of the profiles are the result of an extended study over 236 profiles of all shapes and depth, carried out on contract for the norwegian labor directorate.

Back
Top Bottom