Irish diver ready for Canadian freshwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steven Kowalski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I've been here just under a year (but I haven't got my dive gear shipped over as yet) and I'm looking forward to getting some freshwater diving in and seeing the wrecks that the lakes have to offer. There's a Dive Club about a 20 minute walk from our place-so I have no excuses. A dive buddy of mine reported 14 C waters back in Dublin Bay, so I think (hope) the water temp here shouldn't be too bad!

Cheers

Steven

Welcome to Toronto. There is plenty of great diving within several hours drive of Toronto and there are diveable wrecks in Lake Ontario right off the Toronto shoreline. There are also a number of active dive clubs in the area, Canadian Sub Aqua being one of them and the one that I belong to. www.cansac.ca
If you had planned on shipping any scuba tanks over don't waste your money as they can not be used here.

Glenn

Cheers Glen, I appreciate the information. I didn't get around to buying either a tank or a regulator set before I left Ireland-so no worries on that front. What depth do the wrecks sit at in Lake Ontario?

I read about some good diving in Kingston and of course Tobermory.

I'll check out that website too.

Steve

Welcome to Toronto. There is plenty of great diving within several hours drive of Toronto and there are diveable wrecks in Lake Ontario right off the Toronto shoreline. There are also a number of active dive clubs in the area, Canadian Sub Aqua being one of them and the one that I belong to. www.cansac.ca
If you had planned on shipping any scuba tanks over don't waste your money as they can not be used here.

Glenn

i would advise against it ...................................

Glenn

Glenn's a fellow Limey, so he should know :)

you should be looking to get a Tobermory trip in this year

Scuba capital of Canada apprently

I'm off to Brockville this weekend, first time diving in freshwater so looking forward to that!

---------- Post Merged at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:42 AM ----------

i would advise against it ...................................

Advise against? Diving in Lake Ontario?

I dive in Lake Ontario (Humber Bay) almost every weekend and, apart from the fact that I glow in the dark, I've suffered no ill effects!

Bob

I dive in Lake Ontario (Humber Bay) almost every weekend and, apart from the fact that I glow in the dark, I've suffered no ill effects!

Bob

Excellent, saves buying a back up light!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom