Diving in Normandy, France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone-

I'll be in France for a while in September and October 2012, and had planned on heading up to Normandy for a few days towards the middle of October. I know one can dive wrecks in the area, but I've not found too many good, recent resources for information.

I found a few threads here on diving in Normandy from 2+ years ago but am wondering if anyone has any current information on:

1. What an American diver would need to provide to French operators to be able to dive (I've heard our certs are not necessarily accepted)
2. Good dive operations, preferably with English spoken but if not, no big deal.
3. Good wrecks to dive in the area.

Thanks!

If your dive is supervised by a operator and you are planning to go deeper than 40 meters, you will have to show a CMAS 3* diver cert (or a French level 3 cert), any other card (except of course CMAS 2* Instructor and above) will be rejected (that's the regulation), even a "herectic" (TDI, IANTD, ...) Full Tx IT cert.
If you dive in shallow waters (40 meters max), a dive center may recognize any certs, sometimes a check-dive will be required.

For #2 and #3, I'm not able to help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom