OceanLog Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The other day when I was downloading my dives from my VEO 250 computer into OceanLog, during the handshake the download stopped and timed out. After it did this it froze my PDC and like all the characters on the dive computers screen were showing. Now everytime I download dives, I have this same issue. Anyone else had this issue before? Can it be battery related? Before I had the initial problem I have downloaded several dives without a glitch.

I just bought a Oceanic computer installed the USB drivers (the USB cable was almost $100) and the OceanLog software. It detects connection to device but when I click the start button it says starting handshake but then says timed out every time. This software sucks.

The other day when I was downloading my dives from my VEO 250 computer into OceanLog, during the handshake the download stopped and timed out. After it did this it froze my PDC and like all the characters on the dive computers screen were showing. Now everytime I download dives, I have this same issue. Anyone else had this issue before? Can it be battery related? Before I had the initial problem I have downloaded several dives without a glitch.

It's usually a battery problem. While the indicator might show that the battery is good, it's not very accurate. The Oceanlog software is actually a good indicator of battery charge level. The computer might indicate that the battery is "good", but Oceanlog starts to malfunction when the battery is somewhere between OK and dead.

---------- Post Merged at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I just bought a Oceanic computer installed the USB drivers (the USB cable was almost $100) and the OceanLog software. It detects connection to device but when I click the start button it says starting handshake but then says timed out every time. This software sucks.

Well, maybe next time you will invest that $100 in a cheap prostitute instead of the Oceanlog USB cable. While both suck, the prostitute is more satisfying.

Actually, make sure that the USB driver is installed and functioning. I have installed Oceanlog on many different computers and all eventually worked correctly. On a few occasions, it took more than one attempt to successfully load the USB driver, and I also had to reboot the computer. Also, Oceanlog contains artificial intelligence and is able to determine if the person loading the software is a relative novice. It's a plot by Oceanic to torment new divers and test their character.

I was having the same problem with my ProPlus 2.1 The handshake would time out. Turns out I had the cable attached upside down. Why they don't make it require proper orientation, I don't know. But when you're looking at the face of your computer, you should also see the rounded, inscribed side of the connector, not the flat smooth side. After turning the connector over the download worked fine.

Yeah, it must be some kind of plot by Oceanic to test your patience and tenacity.

It also makes a difference on which is connected first...the usb plug into the computer, or the cable into the PCD. I'm not sure which one, but I always have everything unplugged and click on the "detect connection" button before downloading anything. It'll tell you which to connect first. (at least on the Pro Plus 2.1).

Also, keep in mind that the Pro Plus 2.1 uses a different cable than the Pro Plus 2.0; although they look identical.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom