Tulamben or Amed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all

I have been to Tulamben twice in the last year and really enjoyed the diving.

There is a cheap flight going in August and I am thinking about doing it cheap as I am a bit short at the moment.

Would you go to Amed over Tulamben and if so can I find a clean, air conditioned hotel at a reasonable cost. Is it possible to get a good guide + diving for around $US25 per dive in Amed?

I will be doing photography with a major in macro. Don't need to be looked after UW more interested in what the guide can find.......:cool2:

I'm going to bump this up and add a question, too :)

I'll be in Tulamben and maybe Amed in Sept/Oct as I return from diving in Lembeh. I'm looking for suggestions on places to stay, diving and things to do while not diving in the Amed area as I already have Tulamben sorted out.

anyone help us out?

I can help with Tulamben. Try Puri Madha for the inexpensive beach side air con bungalow rooms, but negotiate tanks/guide with the nice resorts just to the west. There are two, one in back of the other. If you have your own equipment, are flexible & negotiate well - Nitrox/guide should be around $20ish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom