Oceanic VT3 Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had my Oceanic VT3 for almost 4 years without any issues. Last dive, the computer could not connect to the transmitter. I have changed the transmitter battery to no avail. Before I call Oceanic, I wanted to check if anyone has experienced this problem before. Not sure that the transmitter can actually be repaired.

Thanks,

Try changing the computer battery too...and sometimes batteries are left on the 'shelf' past their 'shelf-life'....Try fresh batteries in both units and see what happens....Before you install the new batteries, get as powerful a magnifying glass as you can and inspect the inside of both units...Even the smallest amount of corrosion can kill micro-circuitry...If that doesn't work, send it in.......

Sometimes the battery change is not as easy as it seems.

I have similar stats on my vt3 transmitter and I knew I had to change my battery before the next trip. It wasn't dead but it needed replacing. I bought the official battery kit and changed the battery no problem. Then the transmitter stopped working for no reason. For 2 hours I'm taking batteries out putting them back in. I have a volt meter and I'm checking the battery voltage everything checks out. I'm not happy. At one point I blow into the transmitter, now i don't know if it was me blowing into the transmitter or if it was the 53rd time I took the battery out and put it back in but it came back to life. Fortunately I have a tank at home so I able to activate the transmitter and check that it was working properly.

No corrosion in the battery compartment. The computer itself works fine, the battery was changed recently. I also double checked the transmitter serial number and it checks out. May be I just need to be persistent and keep taking the battery out and in ;-)

Sometimes the battery change is not as easy as it seems.

I have similar stats on my vt3 transmitter and I knew I had to change my battery before the next trip. It wasn't dead but it needed replacing. I bought the official battery kit and changed the battery no problem. Then the transmitter stopped working for no reason. For 2 hours I'm taking batteries out putting them back in. I have a volt meter and I'm checking the battery voltage everything checks out. I'm not happy. At one point I blow into the transmitter, now i don't know if it was me blowing into the transmitter or if it was the 53rd time I took the battery out and put it back in but it came back to life. Fortunately I have a tank at home so I able to activate the transmitter and check that it was working properly.

Same here. No sign of any damage whatsoever. Make sure you turn off the transmitter while changing the battery then turn it on after you put the battery back in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom