Problems with connecting Suunto Vyper via serial to DM3.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masplin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I just bought a 2nd hand Vyper off Ebay for my daughter. 1st problem I had was it came with a serial connection so had to find a USB converter that works for Windows7 64-bit. Found a driver on Prolifics site which worked. I saw on a nother post that DM4 doesn't work with the serial conenction so tried DM3.1. managed to get DM3.1 to recognise the Vyper and it shows me in the dive Computer section that there are 96 dives max 43m. So far so good.

Where I'm stuck is it I select download wizard I get a box saying Reading #1 etc but most it ever gets to is #18 (I asusme these are dive numbers). It then shows me a box "select dive logs you want to transfer" but this is empty. I've tried clamping the conenction hard, but never makes it to the end. Is this just a connection issue and anything I can do about it or is their some incompatabilty issue I can't overcome.

Thanks for any advice

Mike

Not sure if this is your issue, but with the old serial port cable with the right angle connector that plugs into the Vyper, I had to put a book on top of the connector, as a weight, to maintain a good connection to the Vyper. It's not a well designed interface-- both mechanically and also it's slow, but the book as a weight trick did the job.

Similar problem with my Vyper and Vytec.....might try the book suggestion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom