Combining RA and Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We are in the process of booking an RA liveaboard and want to extend our stay with a stay at Lembeh. For the experienced long-distance travelers, would it make more sense to do Lembeh before or after RA?

If you're coming from the US, it's always nice to have a few days to re-set your internal clock in SE Asia, no matter how experienced a traveler. Doing it at a resort in Lembeh is a lot easier than going for yet another leg of travel and immediately jumping on a liveaboard. I vote for Lembeh on the front end of the trip ... it's a plan we followed just four months ago.

We have done it both ways. I kind of like doing it better at the end of the trip. the reason is I don't like packing all of the wet stuff up at the beginning. Either way is fine.

My vote would be Lembeh first before RA. You can to get over your jet lag and you can check out all your gear and if you are a photograper you can get your eye into the "zone" before you hit RA. Our gear was dried out for us by the LOB crew before we left so we traveled home with dry stuff.

I'd second Al M. Having a chance to "warm up" on shooting in Lembeh would be wise. If you are a photographer get a hold of Simon at NAD. He can handle domestic flights, fill you in on what to expect w/ Lembeh diving and in general be a lot of help NAD-Lembeh Resort, the best value muck diving in Lembeh, Indonesia Stayed there in March, had an excellent time. The shooting was great, the stay was even better! // ww

Have done it both ways. Both work, but my preference would be to do it first. Allows you to get aclimated on land vs a liveaboard and get you comfortable diving in a very easy environment.

As per most other people's advice it is great to do it either way but i would say more people come to Lembeh first and then onto RA for their live-aboard.

By coming first then you can get over jet-leg, get the camera sorted in a nice relaxed environment etc.

By coming at the end then you can relax a little more after the boat - you may often be doing 4/5 dives a day on the boat so diving in Lembeh at the end can be a more relaxed affair.

Which ever way you decide to do it, it is a great idea!

I work in Lembeh and so PM if you would like more information on where!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom