Velcro strap for OMS bottom timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the DSS mount already, but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with the bungees. Does anyone make or know of a way to use a velcro strap or similar with an OMS/Uwatec bottom timer?

Bonus question: I'd also be happy with a velcro strap that works well with a Timex Helix DM.

Last edited:
Thanks, but the standard size Timex wristwatch velcro strap is both too narrow to properly fit the Helix and too small to fit around my forearm where I like the gauge mounted.

Nothing for the OMS timer?

I have the DSS mount already, but I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with the bungees. Does anyone make or know of a way to use a velcro strap or similar with an OMS/Uwatec bottom timer?

Bonus question: I'd also be happy with a velcro strap that works well with a Timex Helix DM.

What is your issue with bungee?

A bunch of things. The big one is that it's non-adjustable. If I go from wearing a 5mm jumpsuit to a shorty, I need to push the thing so far up my forearm it's practically in my elbow.

I have tried that in the past and didn't like it.

A bunch of things. The big one is that it's non-adjustable. If I go from wearing a 5mm jumpsuit to a shorty, I need to push the thing so far up my forearm it's practically in my elbow.

Got it. I only use 5mm or 7mm suits generally so don't have that problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom