New Dive Rite Transplate Harness ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macaudiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Received the new DR transplate harness today!
But they just don't look Rite, specially the should pad, look like crap!
my mother can do a better one!
is this new design from dive rite??
anyone has the 2012 dive rite transplate harness to compare of?
The new dive rite belt buckle without logo??
:confused: 20120710_164927.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Closer look at the shoulder pad!!

20120710_160210.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:54 PM ----------

This is old or new design?20120710_210825.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Dive Rite, please help!
I received this from dive gearxxxx today, they are now telling me this is the latest from Dive Rite???
:confused:

Hi macaudiver,

Sorry to read you are disappointed with your new 2012 Transplate harness! Let me see if I can help. It does look like quite a heap straight out of the package, once you get it assembled it's a beautiful thing. As for the buckle, we removed our logo from the buckle two years ago, so we no longer brand the waist strap buckle. Branding is wonderful when done tastefully, but can be overkill when placed in every spot so we took a less is more approach. As for the shoulders, they don't look so pretty raw, but once attached to the webbing are fantastic. They are narrower than the previous model Transplate shoulders so you'll avoid chafing and the double padding is lovely. These are stitched on a computer operated machine that is actually a bit ingenious and the binding on the end is for security, not for looks. The durability is outstanding and the stitching cannot be seen once assembled.

I do agree that stitching on the sideplate webbing wasn't cleaned up before it was sent out. Usually we burn those little niggly stray threads prior to shipping, so I've alerted QC that yours wasn't properly cleaned up. I'm happy to switch out the sideplates for you or you can take a lighter and fry those little threads yourself. Just send them to me at 175 NW Washington STreet, Lake City, FL 32055 and I'll get you a new pair.

After assembling the Transplate if you're still not satisfied, give me a shout. Sorry your new harness was an ugly duckling when you opened the package. She's a beauty to dive, I promise!

Kathleen

Kathleen,

Thanks for the reply...are you the one on the Video?
So this is the new changed and I got the newest Transplate harness kit?
Since there are no related info of the new design, I can't be sure I purchase the real Dive Rite gear...
The new features are the narrower shoulder pad and that metal plate on the waist webbing goes way smaller? idea is create more room?
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y380/mac6gti/_MG_0067.png
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y380/mac6gti/_MG_0068.png

Many Thanks:)

Hi macaudiver,

You do have the latest TransPlate harness. It incorporates the new shoulder pads. The sideplate hardware is narrower and give more room on the waist. The TransPlate design isn't really new...the changes have happened on the TransPac harness and since these two harnesses share some common components, the TransPlate harness is getting what we call "inline changes" incorporated into it as well. Namely, the shoulder pads. All else, is standard on the TransPlate harness from previous models.

Help me understand how I can best help you? Do you want our older shoulder pads? I could see if we have some and send them if we do. Are you needing a backplate style harness or would you prefer the features of the TransPac XT?

As for the video, I haven't been in any videos in a couple of years, but you can see my profile in the About Us section of the website. The latest videos feature Kristi Bernot, our Service Manager's (Jon) wife.

Cheers!
Kathleen

Kathleen

Thanks for helping me to verify my questions!
I'm pretty happy with the new harness, I don't mind those minor changed and not looking for it perfect!
as long as they are good under the water, that's will be all fine!

As the pad is a step forward improvement, that I should keep and give a try!
I believed I saw this pad on the dive rite new travel DCB in a dive shop...not sure...

About the video, it was you performing how to assemble the weight pocket! :)

Cheers
Macaudiver

Kathleen

Thanks for helping me to verify my questions!
I'm pretty happy with the new harness, I don't mind those minor changed and not looking for it perfect!
as long as they are good under the water, that's will be all fine!

As the pad is a step forward improvement, that I should keep and give a try!
I believed I saw this pad on the dive rite new travel DCB in a dive shop...not sure...

About the video, it was you performing how to assemble the weight pocket! :)

Cheers
Macaudiver

Glad everything is sorted. Let me know how it dives and if you have any troubles at all.

Kindly,
Kathleen

Hi macaudiver,

You do have the latest TransPlate harness. It incorporates the new shoulder pads. The sideplate hardware is narrower and give more room on the waist. The TransPlate design isn't really new...the changes have happened on the TransPac harness and since these two harnesses share some common components, the TransPlate harness is getting what we call "inline changes" incorporated into it as well. Namely, the shoulder pads. All else, is standard on the TransPlate harness from previous models.

Help me understand how I can best help you? Do you want our older shoulder pads? I could see if we have some and send them if we do. Are you needing a backplate style harness or would you prefer the features of the TransPac XT?

As for the video, I haven't been in any videos in a couple of years, but you can see my profile in the About Us section of the website. The latest videos feature Kristi Bernot, our Service Manager's (Jon) wife.

Cheers!
Kathleen

Hi!

Is the Transplate getting the new metal plate design as seen on the Transpac XT?

Transpac XT
diverite1.png

Transplate
diverite2.png

I also wonder if the Backplate pad is going to be more like the Transpac XT padding or if you will leave it the way it is today ?

Just curious because i didn't see any picture of the new Transplate design on your website

Best Regards
Marcus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom