Mares Nemo Excel - obsolete model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

betaorion

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I like the design and features of the Nemo Excel but notice that this model is already 4 years old and has been discontinued.... does it still make sense to buy one now? Any issues I should be aware of especially given this is an old model?

I'm new to diving so it's the first time I look around for a dive computer. The fact that its obsolete is my only psychological barrier at the moment. Any thoughts? Or if any new model like the Suunto D4i or Mares Matrix would be a better bet?

Many thanks!

I have this unit since 2010 and did more than 200 dives on it. Never had an issue with anything. I normally dive 150 ft. and even take flights the next day right after the no fly time given.

I did regret one thing though- I only bought one unit when I had a chance to buy at least 2 when it was on closeout at leisurepro for 201 usd.

I like the design and features of the Nemo Excel but notice that this model is already 4 years old and has been discontinued.... does it still make sense to buy one now? Any issues I should be aware of especially given this is an old model?

I'm new to diving so it's the first time I look around for a dive computer. The fact that its obsolete is my only psychological barrier at the moment. Any thoughts? Or if any new model like the Suunto D4i or Mares Matrix would be a better bet?

Many thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom