Opinion on Oceanic Geo 2.0 and price requested...

Is this DC for $350 USD a good deal?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Average

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VoIPTeK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm new to diving and placed a bid on eBay for a new Oceanic Geo 2.0 (white) dive computer. I didn't think I'd actually win but I did and got it for $350. I was curius if anyone has experience with this computer and if the price I got it for is a good deal for a noobie diver? Also any software recommendations I should use with it would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean this one? Oceanic Geo 2.0 Scuba Dive Computer Watch - White- NEW | eBay (guessing so as it's 1 of only two that sold recently)

Guess it's an OK price, though I personally wouldn't have bought from USA (assuming you are in US) I would have called Leisure Pro and asked them what their best price was on it. I bought mine there a couple years ago, right after it came out, and paid less than 350.

If you are in US, I don't know if you'll have warranty issues having bought a "non-US" market computer.

Edit - forgot your other questions. I love mine. don;t have any software recommendations, I don't D/L mine (just don't feel like spending 90 bucks for the cable)

Last edited:
...... I was curius if anyone has experience with this computer .....
Congratulations. Make sure you learn how to properly use your Geo 2.0.

...... Also any software recommendations I should use with it would be greatly appreciated!
Did you try divePAL?

divepal_oceanic_geo2.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Do you mean this one? Oceanic Geo 2.0 Scuba Dive Computer Watch - White- NEW | eBay (guessing so as it's 1 of only two that sold recently)

Guess it's an OK price, though I personally wouldn't have bought from USA (assuming you are in US) I would have called Leisure Pro and asked them what their best price was on it. I bought mine there a couple years ago, right after it came out, and paid less than 350.

If you are in US, I don't know if you'll have warranty issues having bought a "non-US" market computer.

Edit - forgot your other questions. I love mine. don;t have any software recommendations, I don't D/L mine (just don't feel like spending 90 bucks for the cable)

Thanks for the info! Yes, that is the one. Some people I met diving a few weeks ago told me they buy their dive computers for Europe because they are far cheaper than US for the same hardware. The one they had on our dives seemed to work just fine so I didn't think ordering from Australia would make much difference. Since I'm new to diving I wanted an "inexpensive" dive computer so I don't have to rent them for $15 per day every time I dive (which is every weekend). My thought was once I have more experience and save up for a high end computer, I could use this one as a backup. I haven't seen many go for under $400 with all the features the Geo 2.0 has so I placed a bid willing to pay but thought I would have been outbid. Since I won, I'm happy about that but just wanted feedback from people like you who have experience with it. So thank you again for your opinion! I'll be more diligent in research next time when I get a high end computer. My next big purchases will be a BCD w/ weights and regulator so as long as the Geo 2.0 lasts me a couple years, I'm not too worried about the warranty. I agree 90 bucks for a USB cable is a bit over kill. Perhaps if I win 100 on a scratch ticket or something I can trade it in for the cable. :)

The Geo 2.0 is a really capable computer. I have a Geo 1.0 and a Geo 2.0 both have functioned flawlessly. The Geo 2.0 is easier to operate. I don't use the download cable either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom