Bare Trilam HD Tech Dry Suit fabric issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soakedlontra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a year old Bare Trilam HD Tech dry suit. I dive on average two times a week. Yesterday I discovered that on the left arm in the armpit area the fabric is 'peeling off'. Then I saw an L shaped pressure point a little further up from the armpit area. My buddy thinks that maybe the left shoulder strap of my harness (I use a back plate with wing as BC) is rubbing against the fabric creating a lot of friction so that's why the fabric is wearing out.

Is there a way to fix this problem without the need to make holes in the fabric?

00_BareDS_FabricIssue_P7166201.jpg

01_BareDS_FabricIssue_P7166195.jpg

02_BareDS_FabricIssue_P7166191.jpg

03_BareDS_FabricIssue_P7166189.jpg

Attachments

• 00_BareDS_FabricIssue_P7166201.jpg
    00_BareDS_FabricIssue_P7166201.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,270
Warranty issue.

A friend of mine had similar problems with his HD Tech, and got a new Tech Trilam instead, which he is massively in love with!

Warranty issue.

A friend of mine had similar problems with his HD Tech, and got a new Tech Trilam instead, which he is massively in love with![/QUOTE

I doubt that Bare will replace mine. It's more than one year old. I have contacted Bare and I am waiting for a reply.

I don't think Bare will do anything unless its leaking.
(At least they didn't do anything about mine when it did this)

What do you think is causing this problem? In my case I use a 5 ft. long hose that goes underneath my right arm (if I wrote left earlier on I was wrong). The hose is the kind that is made with a stiff net mesh rather than smooth plastic/rubber. I am wondering if the rubbing of that hose against the dry suit can damage the fabric in that way.

I don't think Bare will do anything unless its leaking.
(At least they didn't do anything about mine when it did this)

Well, I guess I got lucky because Bare is going to replace it. Another issue that I had with the suit was its size. I always felt that it was too small especially under the armpits. I don't know whether that contributed in wearing out the fabric or not.

SoakedLontra,
Just a thought - Ask for some suit material - if it happens again you could add a patch on the inside of the suit.

SoakedLontra,
Just a thought - Ask for some suit material - if it happens again you could add a patch on the inside of the suit.

Thanks for your thought! I wonder if they are going to change the material for the arms...

What do you think is causing this problem? In my case I use a 5 ft. long hose that goes underneath my right arm (if I wrote left earlier on I was wrong). The hose is the kind that is made with a stiff net mesh rather than smooth plastic/rubber. I am wondering if the rubbing of that hose against the dry suit can damage the fabric in that way.

do you use miflex hose ?

It looks to me more harness webbing is not right set and maybe D chest ring with light/2'nd stage cliped might interfere that point in suit

Back
Top Bottom