Any Liquivision Kaon owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if you have one and if you have had any issues with it.

I got one for my GF a few months back and we've done about 10 dives with it and the only thing that was an issue is having it set to high sensitivity. we weren't able to tap it on once it went to sleep ( and by that I mean once it turns off after not being in use) but it would turn on once activated by water. Once we set it to low sensitivity we could tap it on and off no problem and this could of been an issue with the tap sensor for Just ours or a few so It could not be an issue if you get one now but other than that we have no problems with it.

Thanks for the info.

I actually have had one for a few months also and I am also having issues with waking up the unit with taps. Sometimes mine wakes up and sometimes it does not. I have been trying to work with Liquivision on fixing it. They claim that my issue is only a problem for about 1% of users, so I was curious to how many others have had problems with waking up the unit with taps. But since it has not been fixed yet I am starting to get tired of it.

I have not tried lowering the sensitivity yet, so I will give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks for the info.

I actually have had one for a few months also and I am also having issues with waking up the unit with taps. Sometimes Umine wakes up and sometimes it does not. I have been trying to work with Liquivision on fixing it. They claim that my issue is only a problem for about 1% of users, so I was curious to how many others have had problems with waking up the unit with taps. But since it has not been fixed yet I am starting to get tired of it.

I have not tried lowering the sensitivity yet, so I will give it a try and see what happens.

Given they have admitted that it is an issue for some users what have they done or offered to do to rectify the issue? I'm curious as I'm planning to buy the Lynx when it comes out and am curious about the customer service. Thanks.

In the very begining they wanted me to send the unit back. But then said don't because they figured a problem between the firmware and a batch of displays where the unit turns on but the screen stays off. When I asked about a fix they said all the engineers were working on the new Lynx and would get to it some time in the future. I basically said that is not really an option at this point and asked why they don't just replace the unit with a working one. They then said there was a used unit on a desk that I guess was used as a loaner that they would trade for my unit. I came back with I will use the loaner until mine is fixed. About a week later they actually had a new version of firmware that was supposed to fix the problem.

I still have the same problem and waiting for a response about how long I am supposed to wait until my unit works.

So to make me happy all they have to do is get my unit to work or send me a new one that does work. I would also be willing to use the loaner until my unit is fixed. I have heard good things about Liquivision customer service, but after 2 months with no fix (that works) I am starting to get fed up.

Well here is the answer to my similar problem with the xeo. It is a known issue that will be resolved and has an interim work around. I am ok with it just wish I didn't have to ask.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi Stan,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some troubles with your Xeo.

To answer your questions,

1) It's possible that when your Xeo was in your dive bag it got jostled around and somehow ended up in Gauge mode..? We incorporated a "LOCK" feature to prevent this. You select LOCK from the main menu and then your Xeo will not allow any settings to be changed until you enter the code "123" to UNLOCK it.

It is not currently possible to switch between Deco and Gauge modes on the fly. I'll discuss with our software team the feasibility of this.

2) We have heard of a couple of reports of units intermittently not waking up to taps. We've identified the problem and made the necessary changes to the code. We have already incorporated it into the Kaon software, and are working on incorporating it into the Xen & Xeo software at the moment. Once it is ready it will be released as a firmware update on our website.

In the meantime there is a tap sequence that you can use if your Xeo doesn't turn on. Essentially what is happening is the display is not turning on right away even though the unit is on.

"- Pick up the unit
- Pause for a few seconds
- Three careful taps from the top
- Unit make wake up and show the display
- If NOT, unit is probably ON, but display shows nothing
- Tap unit three times AGAIN, to enter menu (unit still shows nothing)
- Tap unit to the RIGHT, to select 'shutoff' (unit still shows nothing)
- Pause
- Tap unit three times from the top (to wake up unit from shutoff state, second attempt)
- Unit should now turn on

Therefore, the extended wake up sequence is:
- Pick up unit
- Pause
- Tap three times on top
- Pause
- Tap three times on top
- Pause
- Tap right
- Pause
- Tap three times on top"

As soon as the update is ready for the Xeo, I'll be in touch.

Kind Regards,

Rory Johnston
Customer Service & Marketing Coordinator
Liquivision Products
www.liquivision.com

On 15/07/2012 3:22 PM, Stan wrote:
Both my buddy and I have purchased new xeos from dive gear express and DRIS. We have the latest service pack. I have two issues. I love the computer but need these two items sorted out.

1) I recently changed the Xeo battery at home, travelled to the dive site, got in the water to the deck of the wreck and after 10 mins noticed I was in gauge mode. (yes I should have noticed earlier but would never have expected that) I am having a hard time believing that I accidentally tapped the 9 steps it takes to put the computer in gauge mode. I may have but would be very surprised.

In any case is it not possible to have the deco program running simultaneously in the background and if necessary be able to switch back and forth between modes underwater?

I had preplanned my dive on the desktop so I had a good idea of my deco obligation. We ended up doing an air deco (time wise) on oxygen to be safe and not lock out my other buddies Nitek. This cost us time and chewed up considerably more oxygen compared to a deco schedule on pure O2 since we were in the water for 20 minutes longer than we should have been.

2) Every once and a while both my Xeo and my buddies Xeo will not turn on when on land. It happened again today. I tap and tap and nothing happens. Ten minutes later it will turn on? Today it happened after the dive but has also happened prior to the dive. This is fairly annoying. Any ideas or other users have this issue?

Thanks
Stan Elliott

That work around works sometimes for me, sometimes not. I have also had the unit come on and not respond to anything. The new firmware for mine that Rory sent does not seem to really change anything so far. So yes it may be resolved someday, but until then I paid full price for a working unit. I understand that sometimes **** happens, but if the problem really on effects a small number of people I would imagine it would be easier to just replace the unit instead of listening to me for months on end.

---------- Post Merged at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Latest update.

Received an email from Liquivison that a new unit will be in the mail tomorrow. :D

I guess the new firmware worked for several others that have been having issues, but since mine is still having issues they want it back at the factory to poke with a stick and see what is wrong with it.

We are aware of this issue and doing everything we can to solve it. It is definitely a software issue, which is why replacing the unit will likely not fix the problem. If you have experienced difficulty waking up the Kaon, please send an e-mail to info@liquivision.ca, including your serial number, the battery type you are using, and the battery type you have selected in the menus, and as many other settings as possible. We believe it might be related, for example, to using a blue battery, but selecting 'green/rechargeable' in the menus (i.e. mismatch between the battery you use and the battery the unit thinks you are using).

I would reiterate that the unit always turn on if you descend a few feet, so it is not a safety concern but we are still trying to resolve it as quickly as we can and we will release updated firmware as soon as we are able to reproduce it and fix it.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

SPG01, sealsix14, what are your general impressions of the Kaon? Am considering relegating my Suunto Vyper to a backup and getting the Kaon (don't really want air integrated, so don't need to wait for the Lynx). How is it in terms of usability, navigating the menus, and how does its tables compare to other computers you've used? Some buddies swear by their X1's, but I think that's a bit much for my needs.

To Liquivision,

Yes, the Lynx, you say it's due to be released in Fall, would that be September, October or November? Id like one but the money is burning a whole in my pocket not sure I want to wait until November when my dive season ends, unless I get a dry suit for Xmas that is or move to the Southern Hemisphere. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom