which computers have user replaceable batteries ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
the cost of getting a 'certified' technician to replace the batteries can cost half the computer itself. User replaceable batteries are the way to go, especiallly as I dont dive often enough. I also thought it would be a good idea to remove the batteries if the computer is not used for more than a few months. Any opinions ?

has user replaceable batteries.

I have one & its a fairly good computer.

I believe all of Mares' computers have user replaceable batteries. I have a Nitrox Surveyor, and it uses AAA batteries. I know that the M1 does as well.

In general, it is better to have user replacable bateries. However, my 5 year old Aladin Pro Nitrox is on the original battery after 400+ dives and shows 59% remaining life.

What you really have to watch out for is a computer with non-user replacable batteries that does not give much warning before the batteries go out. Some of the Dive-Rite (and similar OMS) models are like that. Likewise a battery replacement on a Suunto Stinger is a seriously overpriced $120-$150.

Mares has an interesting approach. The batteries have a short useful life, but are available everywhere and do not cost much.

A replacement battery was available and in stock from a local battery shop. The price was nothing unusual. It was not difficult to change.

Dive shops who are dealers in Suunto carry replacement battery packages. You also get a new o ring as well. The dive shop manager can replace your battery for you in about 2 mins, usually no extra charge.

You could do it yourself as well. I would still get the replacement at the dive shop, so that you get the new o ring as well.

The Versa and the Versa Pro (and more than likely all their other computers) have user replaceable batteries.

I have an Aeris 300G (same as Atmos Pro) and it has user replaceable batteries. Batteries are $2 each (you need 2).
:snorkel:ScubaRon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom