MANTA showing EL2 elevation at sea level

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Manta is showing EL2 as the elevation even at sea level. The biggest issue is that I am getting shorter bottom times when doing repetitive dive plans because it is using the 3000 foot column from the table. So it is not only affecting my dives, it is shortening my dive buddy's too.

I already have conservation set off, otherwise times come from 6000 ft table.
sn - 004533
Firmware revision number - r1d

Is there a reset procedure, or is this something I can send in for service?

I am really happy with my Manta! I really hope I don't have an expensive, bulky, wristwatch!

Thanks for any help!
Scott

UPDATE:
Contacted Aeris via website. Responded with in 2 days. " If your computer is reading EL2 at sea level there is an issue with the pressure transducer and it would need to come back to the factory for servicing. ............ non-warranty service is available at a flat rate of $125.00 plus a $10.00 fee for standard domestic shipping (expedited or international shipping costs will be higher). This cost covers Full Service Calibration, which is a complete teardown, rebuild, and recalibration of the computer. This process will correct all hardware problems, and will restore the computer to factory-new function. Note that while repairs performed under warranty do not extend the original two year warranty period, repairs performed on a non-warranty basis carry a new one year warranty. ............... Our current in-house turnaround time is approximately 7-10 business days, "

I'm out of the warranty window..... not thrilled about $135 for a "known issue" but still better than going to a new unit.

So. I'll ship it back and update when I have results.

UPDATE:
Just got my "repaired" manta today. new unit, 79xx serial number, dated R06/12 (reman?). came in new box, they threw in a new lens cover and a ball cap. I shipped on sat 11th they shipped on wed 15th (UPS).

All in all, very happy with service and process! Not thrilled that I had to pay to replace the unit for a known issue, but at least they stand behind their products and have the "repair process" and I am not shelling out another 5 bills for a new dive computer.

Thanks Aeris for making the best of a bad situation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom