Any charters to dive Kingston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MasterGoa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.

After many years in Tobermory, I would like to actually stop by in Kingston for
some dives :)

What are the places or shops to go to for guided or chartered dives?

Seems there was a shop on the water that is now an arts store, are there any left?

Thanks.

subscrbing to see what pops up, but consider also Brockville. Quite a bit of good ones there....

There is a charter that runs out to the graveyard from Kingston. I am actually diving with them on Sunday weather permitting. Their website is Kingston Wreck Diving. We have had positive experiences with them though the the captain is quite cautious so if there is too much swell you will be stuck in the protected areas.

Nice! Thank you for the suggestions!

RH, can you recommend some in Brockville? Might as well start planning now :)

A buddy of mine who just was up there dove with "Dive Brockville Adventure Center". Dive Brockville Adventure Centre - bicyle kayak fishing rod rentals gift shop 1000 islands scuba diving swimming vacation trip leisure enjoy (613) 345-2800 / (877) 982-2827 They are located at 12 Water Street East, Brockville, ON K6V 1A1.

There is also a diving information page if you Google "Thousand Islands Diving" - lists a bunch of stuff.

Dive Tech Training Centre - Home Page is also a shop just outside of Brockville proper on Hwy 2. Not sure of their charter ability or boat affiliation, but are a serious shop. (613) 923-1992 or dan@divetech.ca

anne and harold at kingston wreck diving are fantastic and they also do fills and nitrox fills as well.

If you are looking at diving a little closer to the base (other end of kingston, shorter trip to something like the wolf islander) then id get a of Pat Coyne. PATS SCUBA CHARTERS Scuba Diving Charters Kingston Ontario Wreck Diving Dive boat

He has a brand new 6 pack boat and its super fast and nice, had great experiences with him.

For brockville there are a few choices, I've dove with abucs a few times but I'm a huge fan of Rick at river diver. Our Vessels

Bit less expensive then some of the others and he really knows the area, and a nice dive boat. He is usually docked out of the Caigers Resort.

I have no experience with them, but my LDS has a trip planned next weekend with Proteus Diving in Kingston:

PROTEUS DIVING INC. - Kingston's Dive Experience!

It looks like a nice operation & boat. I'll find out on the trip. Sharing a unit (with my own beadroom) is only $50 per night too. :D

BTW, what are the bottom temps up there? I'll be diving dry, but I was wondering how thick I should go on thermals.

:cheers:
Steve

We use the Lynn Lee every Tuesday (weather permitting) for a local dive from Portsmouth Olympic Harbour leaving at 5:30 pm. Any one is welcome just need to know how many divers are heading out with us as there are only 12 spots. Diving on the Munson (111 ft) on Sunday we had a bottom temp of 53f above 60 ft you are looking at a temp around 63f.

Back
Top Bottom