Rome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveHall

Reaction score
OK, since I chose the last couple of holidays (egypt of course!), my nondiving wife has insisted on going to Rome for a week in late May/early June 2004. Ok, fine, but is there any fairly local diving, and is it any good? I will have all my own kit which may help. I know there is there is some decent diving elsewhere in italy (saw the thread below) but seem quite far from Rome.

Any suggesions? BTW, am AOW.

Thanks in advance!

And there are some Islands not far off the coast there that offer decent diving. The ferries leave from Napoli I believe. When I was in Rome I just stayed there. Way too much to see without diving.

Oh, don't get me wrong - Rome is an amazing place and there is plenty to see. Its just that I have been there 3 times already and might not get another chance to dive outside the UK until next XMAS.

Just a thought....

About one hour north of Rome there's some very good diving at the Argentario (actually the islands in front of it: Giglio, Giannutri and Formiche of Grosseto).
South of Rome, Ponza, Ischia and Capri.

I did some really nice diving at Porto Ercole, very close to Rome. I belive the shop I used was Pappero Sub but there were a couple of shop all next to each other. A little drift with some nice reefs and swim throughs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom