Tell the world "I AM NOW A CERTIFIED DIVER"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjeudi

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone out there,

So after months of planning and waiting I AM NOW CERTIFIED. I flew out to Guam 2 weeks ago with my friend and did the OW with MDA. Our instructor, James A., was absolutely amazing and although the viz was not that great we had a blast. After the course we then headed out to Palau for 2 days of diving, snorkeling and general fun in the sun. Palau was out of this world =-) we didn't get to do the world renowned blue corner due to unusually strong currents, but i dove with sharks, eagle rays and all sorts things i can't name. Needless to say, i am now hooked on diving and I am now planning my next trip, a liveaboard in Thailand. I've been back 5 days now and have done very little besides researching equipment to get my first diving set together. There is a plethora of information available on this board and it is great for newbies like me. THANKS GUYS!:smooch:

sounds like you had a lot of fun and are pretty psyched on diving!

where did you dive in Guam that had low viz?

Congradulations!!!! And you couldn't have picked a more amazing part of the world to start your diving adventures in! As is said, Diving is Life, and everything else is just Surface Interval.

Enjoy!

Beck

No kidding, Palau is somewhere on the top of everyones dive list… and it certainly will raise the bar for any dive from here on. You started diving at one of the top places in the world, its all downhill from here! just kidding...

H3O,

I think we were at this place called the fish eye. It is a shore dive directly in front of MDA. There was a typhoon in the area before we got to Guam hence the low viz (and amazingly strong current.)

It seems everyone is telling me that i've set myself up for disappointments by starting my diving career in Palau. :eek:ut:
I am not worried though, I'll just have to keep on diving and see if everyone is right. I am going to start with a liveaboard on the Viking around Similan, Richelieu in May. I'll tell you how it goes. I wish there were some diving to be done where i am, freezing mid-western Japan, but there isn't, so i have to make due with diving vacations. :cheer:

Oo ooh. I'm the friend and Rose is right, we had a fantastic time, soooooo much fun :) , we have even been told we have saltwater in our blood. I have also changed my nickname from jenofoz to the little mermaid, although I fear it is probably already taken... Big thanks to all those who helped make our trip so memorable

:tinker: :singfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom