Aqualung Axiom vs Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triple Threat 33T

Registered
Reaction score
The Axiom fits great, feels great and looks very well made. The Ranger is also well made but the straps run at an angle under my arms and doesn't feel quite as comfortable although the dealer didn't have the exact right size. Both about the same from a cost standpoint.

Any recommendations?

By the way, I'm not sold on the i3 and would go with the standard Axiom from that standpoint.

I like the Axiom but only for the i3. So if u don't like i3 then go with what fits.

Fit is everything in a BC. If you're very interested in the Ranger, make sure you're trying on the right size, and remember that most Zeagle BCs are customizable so you can mix and match pieces to get a perfect fit. You might simply need a larger shoulder section on the BC you tried on instead of an entirely new BC. If your LDS has a larger Ranger in stock, swap out the shoulder section with the one you tried on and see if that's a better fit.

Triple,
First off these two BCDs are not apples vs apples. More like suv vs sportscar in actual diving application.

Ive dove the Ranger extensively as well as other Zeagles. I also have been diving the Axiom,300 dives with it since it came out.

The I3 must be used to be appreciated, just talking about it will not be enough, and those that have not dove with it, will out of hand will poo-poo it's excellent benefits.

The fit of the Axiom is more open and far more comfortable than theRanger. In the Zeagle line the Stiletto is far closer in fit to the Axiom than the Ranger.

The tank strap on the Axiom is easier and handier to use, another side benefit. Not having to find a deflator hose or dump valve knob or think about what position you're in is a blessing.

Hit the I-3 no matter the position and you're good.

The Ranger is a great BCD for its abilities, just like a suv is perfect for a trip to Home-depot but is less than "fun" on a drive in the mountains.

The Axiom is a pleasure for any fun dive and that's what diving is all about.

No I'm not a Aqualung dealer.

I teach in a Scuba Pro Glide Pro plus and use the Axiom for my OW dives.

I'm not entitled to an opinion on the newer Aqualungs. I haven't dove one.
But, when you try on for fit any BC in a dive shop, if a friend can make it move around on you back by reefing on the tank straps, it will do the same thing UW.
Try this with a Ranger or Stiletto properly sized to you, and then whatever else you want to compare it to.
Zeagle BC's are top rated because of the way they are engineered to work, and the build quality allows them to have such a great warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom