Books on Marine invertebrates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmponze

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any recommendations for books on marine invertebrates of the west coast of North America? I'd like something with both ID and biology if such a thing exsits, and would prefer a good up to date textbook.

If I have to buy the two types seperately I can save up for them both, I just don't want to drop fourty of fifty bucks on something on amazon.com or abebooks that turns out to not be worth the money.

This may be more in the realm of personal preference but I like "Nudibranch Behavior" by Behrens (four stars on this one!), and "Eastern Pacific Nudibranchs" by Behrens and Hermosillo. Also "Guide to Marine Invertebrates Alaska to Baja" by Gotshall.

I own a book called "Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest" - which is mostly about marine invertebrates, though it has some pages about seaweed and fish. It's an extremely detailed book of animal identification, with clear photos and descriptions. It's probably cheaper on Amazon. There are books that go into more detail about fish (like 'Coastal Fishes of the Pacific Northwest'), but you're interested in invertebrates. There's also a nudibranch brochure/poster reference that works well too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom