Scuba diving liveaboard in Bali/Gilli/Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm going to Bali mid-August. I'm looking for a scuba liveaboard trip, a week long, includes Gilli Islands OR Komodo Park and is around $1000 in price. Due to my travel arrangements, the only gear I can bring will be my mask and dive computer. How much does it cost to fly to Flores from Bali? And is it much hassle to arrange?

If the liveaboard option doesn't work out, I'll be looking to do the PADI AI course. Possibly on one of the Gillis. Any recommendations there?

Any suggestions and advice is much appreciated.

Check out the Moana - about in your price range for 4 nights/5days. Likely a little more. Realy nice wooden Phinisi vessal with great crew.

R/T to Labuan Bajo should be around $220.

Hi

We did Mermaid 2 to Komodo last year and it was fabulous. We went to the Similans the year before on Black manta and it was also wonderful.

Mermaid 2 is possibly a slightly nicer boat , but on Black Manta the dining area is outside. Fior us nothing in life beats having breakfast in the sun after a dive and before another.

If it is this August you are going, it's high season though all over.

Manta Gili Air is a shop I cannot recommend highly enough. The Gili Islands are absolutely amazing both for topside atmosphere and lovely diving.

Have a wonderful trip

I think all three of those boats would be really great options. I would check and see which one best meets your needs from a schedule/cost standpoint.

I suspect that you can't have a bad time or bad diving. :)

around the gilis are no live aboards, a few little liva aboards are leaving the gilis for trips to komodo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom