Stupid? Rinsing Idea...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As a large person with a large BCD, I find the task of rinsing after salt water dives to be cumbersome and time consuming. As I am rinsing out my BCD, my mind tends to wander and think of ways to make the process easier. Well, how about this:

Instead of depressing the oral inflator while holding a garden hose and trying to allow water to flow into the oral inflation valve (to rinse the inside of the air bladder), shouldn't it be possible to design something that would attach to a garden hose at one end and the LP Inflator Valve on the BCD on the other end. Then, you could quickly and easily fill the air bladder with water. One could even imagine doing this and holding open the dump valve at the same time for a true rinse through. The ideal adapter would also have a flow limiter so that you don't burst your air bladder, esp if you have some super garden high pressure garden hose.

So - how dumb? And if not dumb, then how come, like every other idea I've ever had, I can't find someone who has done it already? I await the ScubaBoard community's critique...

On my Zeagle the inflator valve unscrews from the hose. It has a garden hose fitting so all I have to do is connect it and turn the water on. The dump valves are spring loaded and will pop off with pressure allowing water to flow through the dump valves. I use the Zeagle inflator valve and I use an octo not an Air 2. I have also seen adapters at my LDS that allow you to hook up a garden hose to the BCD. Good Idea but it has already been done.

Xs scuba bc wash out hose. Got it online can't remember what I paid... Maybe 20.

Or this?

543.jpg

Simply unscrew the Bx Coupler, screw on a standard garden hose, turn the water on and super rinse and clean the inner bladder.

Zeagle Bx Power Inflator scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express

That is what mine looks like. Works great for rinsing out the BC and making sure the dump valves are well rinsed after a trip.
Sorry, didn't see your previous post.

Sorry, didn't see your previous post.

No problem. I didn't post pics like you did. Thanks for showing what is available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom