Dive Sites Near Moofushi Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vel525

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I will be staying at Moofushi Resort for a week in August. I am traveling with non-divers while in the Maldives, but will have my gear with me because I will be on a liveaboard in the Red Sea the week before. Planning to get in some diving so had some questions.

1. Is the only dive operator available the one at the resort?
2. If there are other dive operators on the same island, any recommendations?
3. Any favorite or must see dive sites accessible from whatever island Moofushi is on? I think Ari Atoll, but not positive.

Thank you!

Looks like you have made a great choice. Check out the link below

Diving in Maldives with a luxury hotel ? Moofushi Resort

As with all maldives resort islands, there is only one resort & one dive operator on each island. Most operate dive excursions am & pm & you just sign up. South Atoll has some great diving, including 2 of the best sites i know in the Maldives - Maaya Thila & Rasdhoo.

Keep an eye out for the days these are featured. Maaya Thila is also a fabulous night dive, but i suspect you need to be on a liveaboard for that.

Rasdhoo is often promoted as the 'hammerhead' trip, but thats a bit hit & miss. But do not be deterred. The site has fabulous underwater terrain & is teeming with fish. We once dived it 3 times in succession without getting remotely repetitive.

Enjoy your trip.

Moofushi is part of the Constance chain of resorts- it is located on the western side of the North Ari Atoll. There is some excellent diving close to the resort with some narrow channels which should have predominantly incoming currents offering possibilities of large pelagics- however as the prevailing wind is coming on from the ocean which also drives ocean sized swells, these conditions may not allow getting out.

I used to work at the other Constance hotel on Halaveli a couple of hours to the NE as well as Conrad Rangali a couple of hours to the south. I'm not familiar with the actual diving center however as it is a separate company. Same resort chain but different diving center chain. However the resort is constantly receiving good reviews. There is no opportunity to dive with another dive center.

Maaya Thila is a great dive site as mentioned however this may be difficult to reach by traditional boat. Don't be upset though as there are some excellent diving nearby- places like Panettone and Thundufushi are excellent outer reef dives as well as plenty of others.

Your dive center will go to the places which offer the best of the diving within a normal one hour boat trip. Speedboat trips are also possible on most resorts but they get very pricey very quickly.

Thank you for the responses. Looks like I got lucky and my friend booked a nice resort with some good diving nearby...sweet! Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom