Computer choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Aeries Atmos Elite AI wrist computer. I have stop using the AI feature for a while, so the transmitter has been sitting in the box. I am thinking of selling the AI computer and get something that I can fully (more so) utilize, not too expansive at the same time.

Ideally, I would want a computer with air/nitrox mode, gauge mode, display dive time in second, resettable timer, user replaceable battery, easy to read. This suddenly sounds a lot like Uwatec Tec2g/Scubapro 2g,which I also have one. My only complain is the readability. Something that is easier to read will be perfect. So what is my option?

I had a Tusa IQ-900 that fit the requirements you've put out there. I didn't like that it beeped at me and the algorithm seemed needlessly conservative. It has two-gas mode, so you can do switches and also a gauge mode if you wanted to use it for that purpose. If memory serves, I think I spent about $300ish on it.

I don't need multi gas mode, just need to be able to do air and recreation nitrox.

As for IQ-900, it doesn't seem to have the ability to displasy second in time time tho, not even in gauge mode. Also no resettable timer.

Anything else can display second in dive time?

I have an Aeries Atmos Elite AI wrist computer. I have stop using the AI feature for a while, so the transmitter has been sitting in the box. I am thinking of selling the AI computer and get something that I can fully (more so) utilize, not too expansive at the same time.

Ideally, I would want a computer with air/nitrox mode, gauge mode, display dive time in second, resettable timer, user replaceable battery, easy to read. This suddenly sounds a lot like Uwatec Tec2g/Scubapro 2g,which I also have one. My only complain is the readability. Something that is easier to read will be perfect. So what is my option?

Yes, I agree. The Uwatec Tec2g's graphics remind me of Atari's pong game in the early 70's. Liquidvision would meet your parameters, but they are a bit pricy...

Liquivision

Personally I wouldn't consider a new dive computer that wasn't OLED. I have a Tech2G also.

I don't know why you are so fussy about time being shown in seconds and you haven't even update your profile. That computer has everything you're asking for except the seconds. So sell the transmitter and use the money to do a boat dive and have fun.

........display dive time in second,......
Why you need to see the DIVE TIME in seconds?

Or maybe you meant safety stop time? Or deco stop time?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I can't stand the idea of having to replace a dive battery every 20 or so dives or recharging it (I have enough crap to charge as it is).

I've been very happy with Suunto Vypers and Vytecs. The latter have resettable seconds (in gauge mode). Otherwise they are the same. Bought all of them used for cheap.

by profile, you mean how many dives I have below my user name? I don't know why it shows non certified. last time I check, it wasn't like that

I don't know why you are so fussy about time being shown in seconds and you haven't even update your profile. That computer has everything you're asking for except the seconds. So sell the transmitter and use the money to do a boat dive and have fun.

Why you need to see the DIVE TIME in seconds?

Or maybe you meant safety stop time? Or deco stop time?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Having second display is just my preference. I am not doing any tech diving. I am using it to time my ascent control for pratice purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom