Maldives - Which Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hutchinson12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am planning a 7 day trip to the Maldives for April 2013. I would prefer to do a Liveaboard but I would still consider a dive resort.
There are so many options on the internet ...I am finding it quite overwhelming so any advice would be greatly received, thank you!

It depends what you are looking for? Comfiest boat; most adventurous diving; easy diving; nitrox; best food; Male based etc etc.

If you give a little info re your preferences/priorities, i will try to help. My experience is of Sea Spirit, Nautilus II & Carpe Vita.

Our party will be of 4 people, 2 novis divers and 2 advanced divers so something to suit both would be good. We have no requirement for nitrox. Good boat comfort, food and atmosphere with 3-4 dives a day.
Also any advice on specific dive sights we should be looking for in itenaries, Thanks

Be aware that 2 novice plus 2 advanced = 4 Novice unless you dive in separate groups. Like every other adventure sport, planning must account for the 'weakest link'.

One of the main concerns for resorts in the Maldives is budget. Think of a figure that you'd be happy to spend, then add another zero, and that'd be about what you'll spend :)

Most liveabaord boats concentrate on the Nth Male to Sth Ari routes.

My suggestion would be Carpe Vita Explorer. i did this last autumn. The boat is fantastic. huge rooms & the biggest lob bathrooms i have ever seen. Plus great food.

They catered well for divers of a widely differing range of experiences, avoiding the really high energy sites.

really well equipped dive dhoni.

As Supergaijin says the Male (n/S) & Ari (n/s) route would work well for you.

ps - IMHO everyone needs nitrox on a lob!

Hi hutchinson12,

I book the Carpe Vita Explorer and as mantajohn suggests, it is a great vessel. I am also looking at booking the Princess Ushwa, a new ship for me, for a full boat charter in 2013. Based on pricing I have right now, it will be the best deal in the Maldives. I have no info up on my website for this liveabaord but will get info on my blog in a day or so. I'm expecting pricing to be about $1500pp for 7 days. Email me if you would like details.

Greg

Scuba Diving Destinations - Vacation Specials - Liquid Diving Adventures

Carpe Vita Explorer Explorer Ventures Fleet - Liquid Diving Adventures - Liveaboards Scuba Diving Vacations

Hi, I am planning a 7 day trip to the Maldives for April 2013. I would prefer to do a Liveaboard but I would still consider a dive resort.
There are so many options on the internet ...I am finding it quite overwhelming so any advice would be greatly received, thank you!

I just spent a week on the Carpe Vita and loved it. Great crew, the boat is amazing, and the dive guides make sure that all skill levels and abilities are able to enjoy the diving.

You Should Check Out "Arevara" Visit Heavenly Maldives it can accomodate upto 16 and with experienced instructors.

---------- Post Merged at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:53 PM ----------

You Should Check Out "Arevara" Visit www.heavenlymaldives.com it can accommodate upto 16 and with experienced instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom